Chapter 15: Challenger Part 3

14:33 KNST (Kanto Standard Time)

Indigo Plateau

PWC Grand Finale

Ash leads the match 2-0

Leon threw the Master Ball and a mysterious Pokemon emerged.

Ash pulled out his Pokedex and scanned it.

"The DNA of a space virus underwent a sudden mutation upon exposure to a laser beam and resulted in Deoxys. The crystalline organ on this Pokémon's chest appears to be its brain."

Ash gasped. "Well, Deoxys certainly sounds intimidating. It doesn't matter! I have my best team here!"

Leon smirked "I warned you Ash, now give up now and I'll end this battle before Deoxys accidentally kills your Pokemon." Ash growled. "That won't happen. Nothing of the sort."

Ash stuck out Garchomp's poke ball and returned him. Now prepare yourself. Garchomp! Return! Hey, you did an amazing job. I might need you later so rest up." Leon sighed, "Send out your first victim." Ash laughed "Fine by me! Charizard! I choose you!!"

Ash threw a Poke Ball and released his oldest Fire type.

The world held its breath as the final matchup began at Indigo Plateau.

"Alright Charizard! Let's do this!" Ash's loyal Fire type shot a blast of fire in the air, causing Ash to smile. "Well, let's start this." Leon let out a smirk "By all means, try your best." Ash threw his hand forward and pointed at Deoxys. "Fine! Charizard use Dragon Claw!" Leon smirked. "Deoxys! Defense Forme!" Deoxys molded its body to become more tough and dense and Charizard slammed into it with two sharp dragon claws. Deoxys didn't budge at all. Ash yelled out "Charizard! Get out of there NOW!"

Leon laughed. "Now, speed forme and use hyper beam!" Deoxys dropped his defenses and became limber and fast. Deoxys flew around the arena at an unbelievable speed, almost seeming like he was teleporting. Charizard looked around confused before he was hit point-blank with a Hyper Beam and sent crashing into the walls of the stadium. Leon laughed.

"Deoxys are very rare on earth. And normally, adjusting formes takes time and can only be done around rare meteors. But my Deoxys is special. It's .. Greater than other members of their species and can adjust on the fly. And now you're gonna witness true power."

Ash grinded his teeth and turned his cap backwards. "Fine by me! Charizard! Flamethrower on Deoxys! Burn the ground around him!" Charizard began to belch fire all around the stadium, setting fire to the grass that was on the field for the battle. Ash smiled, Deoxys would be forced to fly now. Leon pointed towards Charizard "Deoxys! I'm sick of games! Attack forme! And use Psycho Boost!" Deoxys shifted into a more limber form and turned purple, speeding towards Charizard. Ash yelled out a command. "Charizard! Use Flamethrower and Dragon Claw at the same time!"

Goh looked perplexed "Is that even possible? To use two moves at once?" Serena shrugged, "I've learned to NEVER underestimate Ash." Charizard and Deoxys met in a crash of energy. Deoxys's Psycho Boost sent Charizard flying down to the ground. However, Charizard caught himself before he crashed into the ground. Charizard seemed pretty pleased, after all he had gotten the first real hit of the match on Deoxys. The mythical Pokemon was sent flying back before catching his balance just as fast. Leon grinned "Your Charizard is strong! But..... not strong enough"

Ash started to lose his temper. "You want to see strength, Leon? Well, here it is! I'll f*cking show you!" Charizard roared and Ash slapped his Mega Ring. "Show them our bond, Charizard! MEGA EVOLVE AND SHOW THE WORLD WHAT WE CAN DO" Charizard began to glow, surrounded by the familiar purple orb of mega evolution and after a moment, a Mega Charizard walked out. Leon laughed "It's not even as strong as Dynamax! I beat some Bozo with a Mega Charizard of his own!" Ash grit his teeth. "Enough talk! I'm sick of your trash talking. If Deoxys is so tough, stop playing around!" Leon laughed. "Fine! Deoxys use.." Charizard slammed into Deoxys who was in its base form and hit him with a point-blank flamethrower. Charizard gave Deoxys no time to recover and tackled it before standing on top of it and scratching it with Dragon Claws. Deoxys cried out before Charizard released another point blank flamethrower.