Chapter 13: Deep Breath

Chapter 13: Revelations

21:14

"And with that, the first match of the series is over. Leon's Charizard survived Pikachu's Z move.

Leon three. Ash two. Back to you Tina."

Tina appeared on the TV screen, behind her was a large group of people who were celebrating in the streets. A large projector was broadcasting a replay of the match on a large screen set up in the central square of the city.

"Thanks Rob, you'd think that the situation here in Viridian City would be sad, considering that Ash had lost that match. But surprisingly, the people here are ecstatic. Schools have been canceled for the day of Ash's next match and many people are taking time off of their work to attend the match which Ash has announced will be held at the Plateau. Today, I'm interviewing a resident of Viridian City who has been following Ash for a while.

The reporter held up her mic to the man's mouth. "What's your name Sir?" Tina asked kindly. The man smiled "My name is Ryan and I work for the city library. AND, I'd like to give a shoutout to Ash for that match." Tina laughed. "Actually that's why I'm interviewing you. So sir, what exactly are your thoughts on that match." Ryan thought of some words for a second. "Well, truth be told Tina, Ash did the best thing possible in that match. He gave it all he had and never doubted himself or his Pokemon for a second. And not to mention he's the first person to ever defeat Leon's Charizard. Despite Pikachu fainting first, he sent a message to the world. Watching Ash is watching history." The reporter was stunned by his response. "Intresting, do you have any other thoughts sir?" the man shook his head. "Nah, all good."

The reporter smiled "Well, it's certainly a scene in Viridian. Only one week until the final matchup. Back to you Rob."

Ash clicked off the TV. He was currently in his hotel room in Galar, not having bothered to leave. Not due to fear or anything, nor laziness. He just felt more comfortable not having to deal with anyone besides Goh and Serena. He figured that he'd leave for Pallet Town in a day and then select his final team. Ash looked out of his window- he saw Goh being chased by his Cinderace for one reason or another. Ash laughed and got out of bed looking for Serena, throwing on a hat and cloak for good measure. It was a lot of work being in public, especially in Galar. Battling was life here and people could get very very rowdy, it wasn't unheard of Leon's supporters to brawl with Raihan's fans. Ash walked outside into the hotel lobby where he found Serena who flashed him a smile. "Wanna get some food?" she asked kindly. Ash could never say no to food so he nodded eagerly and they were off.

They ended up at some "hole in the wall" joint in East Wyndon, it was empty spare for a single customer who was eating alone. Ash and Serena quickly got their food and sat down. Ash devoured his food while Serena ate slowly, trying to enjoy the local food. After a minute or so, she stood up. "Hey Ash, I gotta run to the bathroom. I'll be back in a few." Ash nodded and went back to his food. Eventually, the lone man approached him.

"Excuse me son, you wouldn't happen to be Ash Ketchum would you?"

Leo was freaking out. He was enjoying lunch at one of his favorite spots in Wyndon when his son walked in, with a girl in tow. He didn't know exactly how to feel about his son having a girlfriend. He still saw him as a little boy in a way, but he was eighteen years old and was successful. So by all means, he was a catch. Leo waited until Ash's girl stood up to use the restroom. From his experience, it's a matter of when- not if with most girls. When the moment presented itself, he approached his kid and asked if he was..... Himself. Yeah real smooth. Oh, just to make it even better he called him "son" which made it even better.

Ash looked at the lone man eating there. "Depends, who's asking?" Ash couldn't help but feel off.... It wasn't like him to feel this way, but he swore he knew this man from somewhere. But he didn't recognize him, or did he? Ash was getting more confused by the seconds from the sheer amount of deja vu he was getting around this man.