Everything Has Changed

Start from the beginning

"Because–" Just as I begin to try to explain myself, the door chimes open to the cafe and proves my point for me. "That." I whisper to him and he smirks.

"Fine. Later, then." He winks before turning and disappearing into the kitchen, leaving me flushed and unprepared to make this person a drink.

When the customer does leave, just as they walk out the door, my mom walks in. I furrow my brow but before we say anything to each other, Harry is back from the kitchen and getting my attention.

"Brooke." I turn my head to him. "Say hi." I furrow my brow again but I can't say anything before he's pressing his phone to my ear, even though I have no idea who's on the other end.

"Who–"

"My mum."

"Brooklyn! Hi dear. Sorry, Harry said you were around and I wanted to say hello!" I hear Anne say through the phone and I smile.

"Hi Anne, that's okay, it's good to talk to you again!"

About a week ago was the first time I spoke to her and Gemma, Harry surprised me with it as well and plopped his phone in front of my face and there they were on the screen. It was a lovely conversation and they are equally lovely people, but meeting his family definitely wasn't something I had planned on that day.

I see Harry say hello to my mom as Anne continues to chat, and soon she's telling me to switch over to face time so she can see our faces.

"Did it work? Can you see me?" She says and I chuckle, confirming that it did work.

My mom sits down at the bar top and gives me a look that asks who I'm talking to, and I hear Harry tell her it's Anne from next to me.

I swear, people must be feeling impulsive today because my mother rips the phone out of my hand and gasps.

"Anne! I'm Casey, Brooklyn's mom. It's so nice to finally meet you! Harry's told me so much..."

"What...just happened." I deadpan, looking at Harry who's smirking and laughing.

"I think the real question is, what's about to happen?"

"They're about to become best friends, that's what."

"Bingo."

"I have a feeling that trying to pry that phone away from her is going to be difficult. And since it's your phone, good luck!"

"She's your mum!"

"We'll rock paper scissors on it later. Until then, occupy yourself."

"With you." He smirks..

"Tame yourself."

"Never."

"Go make a stupid croissant and then we'll talk."

I can see it in his face that he's battling the snarky comment, but he gives in. "Fine."

He plants a kiss on my nose before disappearing once again, leaving me to my coffee, and my mom to his mom for who knows how long.

About two weeks have passed since the rest of the boys arrived in Westlake.

A jam packed two weeks, but they've also been really relaxing and chill. It's mostly been two weeks of the beach and sleeping in until noon, but that's exactly what it needs to be.

After Harry told me what he told me that night in the bus, it's like everything has changed between us. I understand their habits way more than I did before, and that's why these past two weeks have been exactly what they need, and I've made sure of it. They've even told me straight up that this is the best time they've had in a while, and it's all because of the 'boringness' of it. The very thing I thought would drive Harry away in the first place has kept him here and attracted the whole band.