Chapter 8 ( Unexpectedly edible )

The beautiful day was edging towards its end

The beautiful day was edging towards its end. Within a glimpse of time , the prosperous sunlit surrounding was dull and looking outside through the window , it was clear that dawn had appeared.

All I did during the time period was clean a little portion of the house where I could at least take a sleep to rest myself. I had gone through enough mentally and with the physical energy I had let off to clear up the bedroom ; it was enough to make my spine ache.

As soon as I stood up from the couch with some cracking sounds made by my bones following, I could feel my stomach grumble. "You are hungry as well." My hands slightly caressed my flat stomach. Nobody could tell that I was bearing a life within me.

How obliged I was knowing, at least I wasn't alone. My child wasn't there with me yet it was there. The presence could be felt. Being a mother felt so overwhelming suddenly.

Thinking of that little being selfless , caring about it to stay although I did not want it , it all suddenly felt so fulfilled. I had lost so many , yet I couldn't afford to lose this one little thing which is slowly growing within me. I guess this was what it felt like to be a mother.

I took some cautious steps among the hussle of the house and made my way to the kitchen. Thankfully that perverted prince was kind enough to leave some vegetables , grains and other necessities behind.

Oh! Should I call this kindness or pity? A scoff escaped my gape as the question crossed my mind. It was indeed a pity.

My pride was already shattered. At that moment all I had to do was to survive for my child . That was my main motto and so giving up on the hatred in my heart towards the royals of Busan , I had accepted their pity towards me.

I stepped inside the small kitchen area and grabbed the ingredients needed to cook porridge. That was the only thing I could manage to make for myself , otherwise I wasn't any great at cooking.

I always concentrated on battles and wars. Sword fight , archery; these were the things I was always indulged with and my father supported my decision.

I remember my mother sometimes pushing me inside the big kitchen we had there in the palace , along with her so that I could sit and watch her cook for me.

My mother was not a person to lead a totally lavish life. She always preferred working for herself and the ones she loved. She would help out the Cook and other workers with the making of dinner and lunch nearly every day.

The palace felt like home when she was there. But after she was killed , it was just a dead place. I was ten years old and my father brought a new queen. I didn't expect my father to do so but he could only pass it off saying I needed motherly love.

But that woman whom I accepted as my mother never gave me affection. She would push me away and bring me back to her as an act when needed. My life was always troubled with such unforeseen moments. It was never stable .