Mew pauses as he calms the surging emotion in his chest. He doesn’t understand where those words are coming from. Did he fail to show the younger his genuine intention for Gulf’s welfare?

“Why do you even think like that?” Mew asks in a shaky voice. “I just panicked earlier. I didn’t mean to sound like that…and I like taking care of you so please never be those words.”

“I like cooking your foods and preparing your fruits. I like making myself helpful in your pregnancy. I like it all, so please don’t think like that…”Mew trails off as he heaves a deep breath trying to hold his emotion. “I…I don’t like it, nong.”

“But it’s true…” Gulf says in a muffled and hoarse voice, as he still cries on the other.

Mew sighs as he moves the younger closer to him—like the younger is not close enough—almost squeezing the guy in his arms.

“You didn’t listen to me,” Mew says as he moves his hand from the younger’s back to his scalp, massaging gently.

“I was just paranoid. I don’t want anything to happen to you. I panicked. You know how fussy I am when it comes to your safety,” Mew explains again when the younger is now sniffling on his neck.

When Gulf has finally calmed down, Mew pulls the younger away as he cups and wipes the tears on the other’s face with his thumbs. Now, Gulf’s eyes are puffy and his nose red. And Mew has reigned himself hard which has taken his all not to focus on those tender looking plump lips, which he manages to dismiss quickly as he thinks about unnecessary thoughts because he feels bad about causing the tears on Gulf’s eyes.

After making sure that no trace of tears is visible on Gulf’s face, Mew caresses the younger’s cheeks assuring the guy that he didn’t mean what he did and said earlier.

Then Mew, remembers the cut so he quickly grasps the younger’s hand and he sees that it is still bleeding.

“We will clean this, okay? Stay here,” Mew says as he moves the younger from his lap to the couch.

And only then Gulf realized the position he was in. A deep flush of red is adorned on his cheeks and good thing that Mew has his back on him as the man walks away, or he will be redder. He quickly pulls his knees up and hugs them. He feels embarrassed; he was sitting on the other’s lap earlier. Mew cradling him earlier like a baby. Damn.

Mew returns with a basin of water and a first aid kit. He places the materials on the table as he sits on the couch then manhandling the younger to face him as Mew is also sitting facing the younger’s direction. He can only sigh as he watches Gulf bandage foot and now Gulf cut himself again. Mew has to make extra measure about this.

Mew sits criss-cross and Gulf has his knees pulled up. Gulf only extends his hand with a cut and the other still hugs on his knees. The sole focus of the two men is the finger which is currently cleaned by the older.

Gulf watches the older’s careful movement as if he earned a stab and not a simple cut. And somehow, he finds such act endearing. He likes it.

Mew busily and carefully put a medicine on the cut when the younger asks him in hoarse voice, clearly from all crying.

“Why are you always paranoid, Phi?” Gulf croaks out. He can still recall how the other reacted when Mew found him on the floor with ketchup all over the place. He wasn’t able to probe but now he is getting curious.

When Gulf sees how Mew shoulders look stiff upon his question, he can’t help but worry.

“I can take care of myself too. I will never harm my baby,” he assures the other, trying to ease the older’s tension.