Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Ember, help me, will you?" He yelled. 

"No, help yourself, " she yelled back. There was a loud crash and she ran into the bedroom to see him on the floor with his suitcases and bags. 

"What happened to you? Can't you do a thing without my help?" She said trying to pull him up but he was like a buffalo refusing to budge. "Uff, you're so heavy. I can't help you, " she said trying hard but instead fell onto his lap. Blushing to the roots of her hair, she tried to get up but Rex wrapped his arms around her and kept her pinned to himself. 

"Ember, " he breathed slowly, his eyes searching her face. Ember stilled and looked at him. She saw the way his eyes were fixed upon her lips as if he was fighting the urge to kiss her. Inwardly Ember didn't want him to fight the urge. She secretly wanted him to kiss her. 

"Okay, I'll help you arrange your clothes," she told him. He came back to his senses and got up with her as if she weighed nothing at all. 

The next few minutes they were arranging his clothes, accessories in the bedroom. Then they arranged the food and grocery items in the kitchen. 

"I'm exhausted, " she said, sinking into the sofa. 

"Me too. I've never done housework in my entire life," said Rex, sitting beside her.

"Sorry that you had to," said Ember feeling guilty. 

"Hey, I love doing housework with you, " admitted Rex and Ember giggled. 

"Really? You're the first one who loves doing housework, " she pointed out.

"Only with you. It makes me feel like we're married already," said Rex with a smile. Ember gaped at him. This time she didn't protest. Actually she too liked the idea of being married to him. Rex was happier when she didn't protest and accepted the fact that they would marry someday. It was an improvement from their earlier situation and Rex was glad of it. 

"Let's watch a movie," said Rex to cheer her up. Ember nodded. They surfed Netflix and chose a good movie and sat down to watch. It was a rom com and Ember had never laughed so much in her entire life. She had no idea when she had scooted close to Rex on the sofa. They laughed and laughed, rolling over one another. 

Afterwards, they argued about which movie to watch next. While Ember wanted to watch another rom com, Rex wanted to watch a horror movie.

"I'm scared of horror movies. So, the answer is no," said Ember, sticking to her choice.

"I can't watch another romance, seriously, " said Rex. 

"I can't watch horror, seriously. I wouldn't be able to go to the washroom alone afterwards. I wouldn't be able to sleep," said Ember with dread.

"I'll go with you everywhere. I'll be cuddling you to sleep so what's the problem?" Said Rex. 

"You'll go to the washroom with me? Are you crazy? No way," said Ember, pushing him away from her.

"But I'll sleep with you," he grinned. Ember blushed thinking about it. She had no idea how she'd sleep with him. 

"No, you'd be sleeping here on the sofa, " she told him. 

"This is too small for me and I sleep in the nude so can you wake up and see me sprawled here in the morning?" He said with a grin seeing her red face and horrified expression. 

"You can sleep on the bed but please with clothes on," she said glaring at him.

"Only underwear then," he said with finality in his tone.

"Noo, then I'll sleep on the couch," she said, getting up.

"I won't let you. You're so delicate, I'll wrap you in my arms and cuddle you to myself and sleep, " he yelled. Ember closed her ears as her whole body flushed with embarrassment. 

"I look delicate but I can kick, mister," she warned him but he just chuckled. 

Ember checked the pantry and refrigerator to decide what yo make for dinner. This housework thing was becoming so interesting now. She wanted to cook something delicious for Rex. She wanted to please him. She hadn't cooked anything much in the last few months for herself. After Rex had broke up with her she had lost the will to live but now there seemed to be a renewed energy in her. She hummed a  tune as she made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Rex came into the kitchen to take a peek at what she was making.

"Mmmm, smells delicious, " he said, his nose near her neck. Ember was unsure of what he meant. Did he mean the food or was it her neck? Her neck wasn't delicious so maybe he meant the food, she deduced. 

"Wait till you taste it," she said, not daring to turn her face for his was just a couple of inches away from her face. If she turned they would land up with their noses or lips touching. 

"I will soon," he promised, his hand on the other side of her.

"Rex it's not cooked yet," she answered, totally confused by now as to what they were talking about, food or her?

"Who's talking about food?" He asked and walked away with a chuckle leaving her stunned. Would he kiss her and make love to her tonight?