Chapter Six

Throughout the day Jamie tried everything in his power to convince her of his love for her. Ember, Josh and her uncle Cole went to her dad's apartment track and collect memories of her parents that she would like to keep. A strange sense of sadness engulfed her the moment she went into the apartment which was her home till she was fourteen. Every nook and corner held memories of her childhood with her parents. Ember's voice was choked with tears. 

"The things which you cannot take back with you and be packed and kept in the loft or at my house. Don't worry, I won't throw away anything," said her uncle. Ember nodded. She was too overwhelmed to answer. Her uncle left after sometime and she and Josh packed and cleaned the apartment together. 

"Josh, if you don't mind, can you please talk to your friend? I don't want him pursuing me like the way he is doing right now. I don't love him," said Ember. She hated having to complain to her brother but if things continued this way, she wouldn't be able to stay a week. 

Josh listened with concern. "I'll talk to him, don't worry. He never goes after any girl like this. He is mentally disturbed. It's strange that he's pursuing you," said Josh. 

"Then get him counseled," Ember suggested. 

"He wouldn't go, we've tried a lot," said Josh with a sigh. Ember too sighed. Why did such things have to happen to her? All she came here for was to attend a wedding, have some fun and return home happy and contented. 

"There has to be a way. I love someone else, Josh. Please talk to your friend, " said Ember. Josh nodded.

"I will talk to him," he promised. The whole morning they were busy. Ember packed some selected stuff that she and her granny would love, photographs of her parents, her mom's jewelry, important papers and such stuff. They locked the apartment and went back to Josh's house. 

The rest of the day, they were busy trying on the wedding dresses. The seamstress was present to check. Strangely, Jamie didn't bother her any more and she was glad. Josh might have spoken to him and she was glad. The next two days Ember didn't see Jamie at the house. They were busy with the wedding preparations. The wedding would be held at a banquet hall nearby. A marriage officiant was booked for the ceremony. Immediately after the newly married couple would go to the hospital to meet Jeff's grandmother. The reception would take place in the afternoon at the same banquet hall. 

The day before the wedding, Julia was whisked away by her close friends to a bar for a Bachelorette party. Although she asked Ember also to go along, she wasn't interested. Josh and Jazz went to Jeff's Bachelorette party. Ember was left with her uncle and aunt and their relatives who were playing some card game in the entertainment room. She went to the terrace to feel breathe the evening air and check out the skyline of the city. To her surprise, she found Jamie sitting there all alone with his guitar staring up at the sky. He looked at her with surprise not having expected her there but didn't say a word. Ember didn't know whether to flee or stay as he simply stared at her. Finally, she stayed.

"You didn't go to the party?" She asked him. He shook his head and looked down at his guitar. Ember felt bad for having complained about him to Josh. 

"You can stay here. I'll go," he said gruffly, getting up.

"No no it's okay. I was just leaving, " said Ember. 

"You can't stay with me for a while?" He asked hopefully. Ember sat beside him. 

"You play the guitar?" She asked him and he nodded. 

"I could play for you," he said. Ember nodded. Jamie played "Can't help falling in love with you," on his guitar. 

"You play beautifully. You should play more at a professional level, " she told him. His eyes shone brightly.