Everybody hates the lottery

DESIREE'S POV

Ah, reputations. Everybody has one.... At least I think so. Well, anyways, my reputation, is being chill and knowing how to dress and style things.

I was currently on the phone with Makayla. "Makayla I'm telling you, a pink bow does not go with a green outfit." I say. "Okay but in my eyes, it does." "Kayla. No, no it doesn't. Trust me." "But, it'll look so cute. Mike says it'll go good together."

"Well I'm glad you came to me before actually putting on your outfit. Mike has no style sense, what so ever." "Des, I know you ain't talking." "Uh, says the one who was going to wear a pink bow with a DARK green outfit. Which one do you want to wear more, the pink bow, or green fit?"

"Green fit." "Okay so maybe put on a green headband to match. Oh, and jewelry. No. Pink. Bow." "Okay, okay. No pink bow." Makayla says.

"Desiree get your butt over here or you'll be late for school!" My mom yells. "Coming!" I yell back. "Anyways I gotta go Kayla. Ill talk to you later." "Bye. Talk to you later." "Peace." I say then hang up. I put on my coat then head out the door.

|TIME SKIP|

Greg's reputation was for going to school everyday.

"And for best attendance... Greg Wuliger!" The teacher announces. "Wait, so your dad is giving you 5 dollars just for coming to school?" Chris asks. "I bet him I wouldn't miss a day this year. So far, so good." Greg says. "Hey, I got the top five scores on Astroids yesterday." Chris says. "Uh, uh, no way." I say. "Yeah, but some kid beat me I have to protect my tittle." Chris says.

Chris' reputation was his score in this game called Astroids.

"Man, you're just like Apollo Creed in Rocky II. You sure you can beat this guy?" Greg asks. "Hey, I've got a reputation to maintain." Chris answers.

Me and Chris walk in to Doc's. When the two of us get to the register, Chris gives Doc some money. "Yall mamas know yall down here?" Doc asks. "Yes, sir." Chris says. I give Chris a crazy look. Our moms would kill us if they found out we were at Docs.

As we were walking to the arcade game, Jerome comes in. "Hey, little dude and little lady from across the street. You getting ready to play Astroids?" Jerome asks Chris. "Yeah. Some kid beat my score." Chris answers.

People start to crowd around him, to watch him play. "For real? Oh, no! I know you're not gonna take that, man. You better protect your rep." Jerome says, as Chris inserts a quarter into the slot.

"You're Chris?" We hear someone behind us ask. "So you're Doah?" Chris asks. He gives a weird look and makes his way to the arcade game. "Doah." Chris says, pointing to the name. "Nah man. Thats DOA. It means dead on arrival. My name is Jorge. So what, you wanna play?" Jorge asks. "Come on." Chris says.

Jorge starts playing and I will say, he is really good at the game. Once he dies Chris takes his turn. And it goes like this for a while.

After about a couple minutes or whatever, Chris beats Jorge's score. "All right, man. That was a good game." Jorge says, shaking Chris' hand. Chris start to walk away so I follow. "Hey, holp up where are you going?" Jorge asks. "We gotta get home." I answer. "What? You're not gonna give him a rematch?" Doc asks. "Yeah, you can't just beat the man and walk out." Jerome says.

"Hey, I really gotta go. Besides, ill just beat him again." Chris says. Ooh's were heard after Chris made his sly remark. "Want to put some money on that?" Jorge asks. "I can't play for money." Chris says. "Aw.." Everyone says.

"Dont tell me you scared." Doc says. "I'm not. I just gotta go home." Chris replies. "Man, I can't believe you're scared of this dude." Jerome says. "Come on. Go. Get." Doc shoos us out. "Man." I say then we walk home.

☆☆

The next day, I went to school and didn't see Chris or Greg only in class which at the end of class, everyone was trying to get out of there, making me lose the two.

I get home and sit down on the couch. "Uh, uh. Do your chores and then your homework." My mom says. I get up with a sigh to do as I was told. After I'm done I plop on my bed. I have dinner then go to my room. I change into pajamas and go to sleep. I was too tired to call Makayla or Tyler and I guess they were too tired to call me.

As soon as I think of that I get a call. "Hello?" I ask tiredly. "Hey Desiree. hope I didn't wake you up." I hear Makayla say. "No, Kayla you didn't its fine I was just... I just had a lot to do." "Oh what did you do?"

"Well, I just went to school. Didn't see or talk to Greg or Chris much. Then I had got home, had to do chores and homework." "Oh.. what about Tyler? You seen him?" "No, not today." "Well thats surprising. A day without seeing or talking to Tyler." "Yeah. Its strange now that I think about it." "True. Alright, I'm going to let you get you rest. Bye Desiree." "Bye Makayla." I say then hang up.

Then the last thing I remember was my mom talking to me about Tyler then I also remember drifting off to sleep.

Okay yall I don't know how I feel about this I actually got pretty lazy with this one.❤

Also as much as I want to make a new story, I can't as I already have enough to do so I'm sorry. I'm actually going to try and knock down the sandlot story or at least try.

I'm also ten bucks richer so lemme go get some starbucks🤪

Okay okay enough with that. I do have many things to talk about but it would be like 5000 words. I lowkey need to vent but it wouldn't be interesting. Okay ill stop now sorry.❤