Everybody Hates Keisha

DESIREE'S POV

There was this girl named Keisha, and I wasn't really fond of her. She was always just kinda rude to me, and I don't know what I did to her. But I never told my mom about it.

I woke up by my alarm, turning it off, not bothered by it. Today, I'm going to Coreleone. I get out of bed and listen to BEAT IT by Michael Jackson on my Walkman. I get out of my room and notice my mom making bacon and eggs, so I tell her I'm going to go and wake Kyle up. I was in a good mood, and I didn't want Kyle to wake up grumpy, especially after him having a bad day yesterday.

"Kyle, wake up." I say lightly, shaking him. I see him slowly open his eyes. "Good morning, Des." He greeted."Morning Kyle, mom is making breakfast, so get ready." I tell him. "M'kay." He says, and I make my way out of his room into mine.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth, then settled on a light blue over-sized t-shirt tucked into my dark blue baggy jeans with a belt. I wore my Air Force's then headed to the kitchen to see Kyle and my parents seated. "There you are, we were waiting for you." My dad says. "Sorry, dad." I say, smiling and sitting down. "Whats got you so happy?" My dad says. "Oh, I'm just excited to go to Coreleone." I say. "Coreleone? In Brooklyn Beach?" He asks. "Mhm." "Why are you letting her go all the way to Brooklyn Beach? And why am i just now finding out about this?" My dad asks my mom. "Well, it's better for her education," she answered, smiling. "Okay," my dad mumbled

We said our prayers then ate. I went to go get me and Kyle's backpack. "Kyle c'mon!" I yell for him. "Im coming!" He yells back. "Here," I say, giving him his backpack. "Thank you. Here, " he said, giving me lunch money my mom had given to us. "Oh wait, Des." My mom calls out walking to me. "Rochelle told me to give you this. It's to get in." She says. "But Ma, I already have a key." I say confused. "I know, it's to get in the first door." She says. "Oh right, okay, well bye Ma!" "Bye, baby." We walk out our door to see Chris and his siblings. "Hey Chris," I say. "Hi Desiree, you excited for Corleone? You're smiling." He asks. "Yeah, I am," I say, then we walk out the door. Since Kyle, Drew, and Tonya went to the same school, he walked with them while Chris and I got on the bus and went to school together.

We walk in, and then I see this boy speed-walk to Chris. And he was close like, really close to Chris. "Hey, Chris." The boy says. "Hey, Greg." He says to the boy. So Greg is his name.... suits him.  I think Chris and I are the only black kids in the school 'cause I don't see any other black people.

"Why you all up on me?" He asks Greg. "Look, Raymond told Caruso he couldn't get near you. So, can I stick kind of close to you for a while?" Greg asks. "Yeah, but can a brother get some space?" Chris agrees. "Oh, yeah. All right." He says then Chris starts to walk away, and Greg follows.

"Hey, I'm Desiree Chris' friend." I introduce holding out my hand for him to shake. "Uh, hi, I'm Greg. Also, Chris' friend." He says nervously, chuckling, then shakes my hand. "So which one is Caruso?" I ask Greg. "Oh, he's right there." He says, pointing to a ginger haired chubby like boy. "Look, I got to go and get my stuff and meet the principle or whatever, so uh bye." I tell them. "Bye." they say in unison. "Be careful," Greg calls out. "Will do," I call back out to him.

|TIME SKIP|

I get to finding my locker only to find out it's next to Chris. "You are so in there." I hear Greg say. "You think so?" Chris asks Greg. "Yeah, I mean, she didn't just say hi. She intended the hi, " he answered. "Woah. I didn't think of it like that." He says. I get my books and binder and close my locker. "Who are you guys even talking about?" I ask them. "Keisha," Greg straight up says. There was a bit of silence until Greg spoke up. "Man, you gotta get a condom." He says, and my eyes go wide. A what now? What is Greg on? Greg starts nodding after Chris starts to nod, agreeing with Greg about the condom thing, making them nod their head together.