Pilot

DESIREE'S POV

My dad was driving to this new apartment or whatever, and I was bored out of my mind. Kyle was bothering me by putting his hands in my face. "Kyle, stop." I began, annoyed of his tiring antics. Yet, he continues to do it again. "Kyle, I said to stop it." I tell him, putting his hands away from my face. He does it again. "Dad, can you tell Kyle to stop putting his hand in my face? It's annoying!" I whine. "Kyle, stop putting your hands near your sisters face before I come back there." He firmly tells Kyle. Kyle finally stops.

We finally get there. "Kyle, Desiree, go look around or something just stay out of our hair we have business to take care of. Be careful, though." My mom warns. "Yeah, mom, I know. Come on, Kyle." I say to my mom, then Kyle.

I then spot three kids who seem to be siblings, considering they all got out of this truck together. I walk up to them, Kyle following along. "Hey," I say to catch their attention. The three of them look at me. "I'm Desiree, this is my little brother, Kyle." I introduce. "Im Chris." He mutters plainly. "This is Drew and Tonya." Chris says. "Nice to meet you. You guys new, too?" I ask. "Yeah," is his reply.

After I see my parents done talking with some people whom I assume are Chris parents, I walk over to them while Chris and Drew walk over to their mom. "Alright, we are all set. Now the kids will carry the lighter stuff, and the adults carry the heavy stuff, " my dad says. "Alright," the three of us said in unison.

|TIME SKIP|

I'm helping my mom put away the dishes like I always do, then decide to spark up a conversation. "So mom, you know that I have been going to that one school, y'know the one I said could ruin my life."

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I been in bed Stuy for about a week or so now I went to some school that was terrible.

"Mhm," she hums. "Well, I was thinking I could go to that one school in Brooklyn Beach, Coreleone." I suggested. "Now why would I want you to go all the way to Brooklyn Beach?" She asks. "It's better for my education." I explain, expanding the 'education' so she'll let me go.

My mom WANTS me to have a good education. A great one, in fact. She is always on me about school, which could be annoying, but I'm grateful for it.

"Alright, fine. But our routine must stay the same." She points a finger at me. "Yes, thank you, mom. I'll make sure our routine stays the same." I say then hug her. "Goodnight, Ma," I gave her a kiss on the cheek and headed to my room to go to bed. "Goodnight," I hear faintly.

|MORNING|

The small light that came from my window woke me up. I didn't even need my alarm clock, that's part of the reason why I open the curtains a tad bit. It's a habit for me to take up early. I wake up early in the morning because I take a long time to get ready. I check the time on my alarm clock 6:24 it read.

I stretch and then get out of bed only to fall back into it. After about two minutes of just laying down, I actually walk out of my room.

I see my mom walking to the kitchen. "Hey Des, good morning. Can you go wake Kyle up for me, please?" My mom asks. "Good morning and, yeah, I can, ma." I respond, then walk to Kyles room.

I wanted to have a little fun, so I snuck behind him and started to tickle him so he could wake up.

"Ahhaha, stop it, Desiree! That tickles! I'm up. I'm up!" He screeched. "Alright, alright fine." I say, chuckling then letting him go. "Why did you tickle me, Des?" He questions. "Because it was funny, and I had to wake you up. Mom's orders." I tell him. He huffs and rolls his eyes at me.

"Kids, come get your cereal before it gets soggy." My mom calls. My mom knows we HATE soggy cereal. We both race to the kitchen, bumping each other on the way, and see two bowls of frosted flakes. We sit down, say our prayers, and eat.