Everybody hates basketball

Im just going to say this might be a long chapter so brace your self.

DESIREE'S POV

I get woken up by my mom. "Good morning," she says as I open my eyes. "Morning, Ma," I say, rubing my eyes. "Get up and get ready, breakfast is done, and today after school, we are going to go and shop a little." My mom says. "Wait, really? Wha-whats-" "Well, you don't have to go if you want to. You can just call me and tell me if you have other plans." She says, cutting me off. "Oh, uh, okay. I'm going to get ready." I say nervously, chuckling. What's up with her today? we rarely go shopping on a school day.

I take a shower and get dressed in a tight white tank top tucked into my baggy jeans with a belt, a jean jacket, and my Air Force's; and I get to the dining room.

Once I get there, I see bacon, pancakes, and orange juice, so I take a seat. "Morning dad, Kyle." I say. "Mornin'" they say in unison.

After we finish eating, I go into my moms room. "Hey Ma, have you seen my ring, necklace, or dimond earrings? I can't find them anywhere." I ask her. "Actually, I have you left them on the counter near the sink. You're lucky that I grabbed them for you." She says then as soon as she's about to give them to me, she speaks up. "Are you sure you want to wear them out?" She asks. "Ye-" I get cut off. "Oh, what am I saying you have to get all dolled up for.... Chris." She says, smiling. "No ma-" "Oh, come on, you know you like him and want to get all dressed up for him. I mean- look at you. You are a babe!" "Ok, ok, mom, I get it. Can I have my things now?" I ask, holding my hands out.

She gives me a little smirk and puts them in my hands. "Thank you." "You're welcome, baby." As I'm leaving, I can't help but giggle a bit.

I get into my room and put my earrings in at my mirror as well as my necklace and ring. Today, I wore my hair in two pigtails loosely in the back and moved them to the front and tied everything off with a bit of lipgloss.

After that, I went to my shoebox with my allowance savings and grabbed some money, and then I put it back in my hiding spot.

I get me and Kyle's backpack like always. "Kyle!" I call out. "Coming!" He says. "Here," we both say in unison. Kyle takes his backpack while I take the lunch money. Then me and Kyle leave after saying bye to our parents.

|TIME SKIP|

I get to school and see Chris and Greg, so I go up to them. "Hey guys," I greeted. "Hey," they say in unison.
Just then, a teacher walks by "Goodmorning, gentlemen, little lady." She says, passing by in-between Chris and Greg. "What was that?" Chris asks.

"We got a social studies quiz." Greg answers. "Well, how do you know all she said was 'good morning'?" I ask, curious on how Greg knows. "Trust me on this, man. The word is that she only speaks to the students when she's giving them a pop quiz. I go to warn the other students so they can study." Greg says, giving me my answer and then running of

"Magic Johnson has the ball. Three seconds on the clock. Two....-" he throws a paper into the trash. "And the crowd goes wild." He says then I start clapping as if it was an actual game of basketball.

"Hey, kid. Kid, wait up." Me and Chris hear from behind us. "What your name? Are you a student here?" The man asks. "Chris. I just transferred here." Chris answers the man's questions.

"Coach Brady. Welcome to Coreleone Junior High. What I mean is the basketball team." Coach Brady introduces. "The basketball team? I didn't try out for the basketball team." Chris questions. "Son, after a shot like that, you don't have to." Coach Brady answers.

"I know you probably play up at the courts in Harlem." He says. "No,no, I'm from bed-stuy." Chris tells coach Brady then starts to walk away, so I walk with him.