Chapter V

Y/n Pov

I stared into the man's eyes. If anyone were to look at them, they would get lost. His eyes seemed so deep and pensive, as if his brain never went silent and he was always thinking. It took me a while to realize this guy was actually holding a giant ax at my throat. I stepped back an inch in shock.

George stepped out from behind me. "Uh- hello...sir. We come in peace! We are just some random travel-."

"Was I speaking to you?" The pink haired man turned sharply to face George. George quickly shook his head and backed off.

Thank you so much for the help guys. I rolled my eyes sarcastically. I looked back, meeting red eyes once again.

"Let's start over. I'm Y/n and I'm - we - are sorry for trespassing into your territory," I raised my hands in a surrendering position, but quickly grasped my left arm and winced.

"What are you doing here?"

I looked back up, still holding my arm. I examined him from head to toe. Not a royal guard. He looked like he's been living here his entire life and has had zero interaction with any human being ever. He was dressed rather nicely considering he lived in the middle of nowhere. His shirt was a white button up with long sleeves and a lot of wrinkles. He had the sleeves messily rolled up to his elbows. His trousers were a dark grey-ish brown, and stopped right below his ankles. A single gold earring hung from his left ear, which I should mention, was not a human ear. It was elf-like and his jaw showed a mild under bite.

I sighed, "Ever heard of an Unordinary? That's what we are and well, that really explains it all. We're just 'hiding' I guess. On the run? You get the jiff."

To my surprise, he lowered his ax. His eyes became softer and his facial expression relaxed.

"Follow me," he turned, walking deeper into the woods. I followed him, timid George and Sapnap not far behind me.

After a while of comfortable silence, I decided to speak up. "Soooo- do you have a name?"

"That's a ridiculous question. Of course I do..." He paused for a brief moment before deciding upon whether or not he wanted to share it. "My name is Technoblade, but everyone calls me Techno."

I nodded. "Those two idiots behind me are George and Sapnap. Genuinely kinda useless at the moment but, they'll have to do for now," I said as a joke. Techno chuckled to what seemed to be himself and I slowed down surprised. The man actually has a sense of humor.

"Wait. So are you an Unordinary yourself?" I asked, confused.

"Some might say I am. Others might say I'm a- well a demi-god," Techno replied amused with himself. I looked down trying to figure out what that meant. I'm probably just overthinking it. It's really self explanatory. I shook the ideas off. Whatever.

We reached a sun lit area, and in the middle was a small house, enough to fit at least four people. There were plenty of windows and the wood that held the house up was a dark oak. A man in his early thirties was waiting outside the house, as if he were expecting us. He had thin, gold hair and a dark green tunic that appeared almost black. Emerald eyes stared softly into mine, slightly shaded by a large striped hat on the man's head. But what was most stunning about this man, were the pair of large, elegant, jet black wings folded loosely behind his back.

"Hello Phil," Techno waved.

The man, or Phil I suppose, waved back, "Techno. I see you've brought guests? Are you feeling alright?" Phil laughed at his own joke. Techno frowned now unamused.

"Three of them to be exact. One can control plants and the other two, I have no idea," Techno reported blankly.

"Excuse me! I can also-," George began slightly outraged when he realized Techno was underestimating him. Techno turned to give him a menacing glare and George decided it was a good time to shut up.