39. the bratty & the stubborn

Comincia dall'inizio

It didn't matter to her if it was good attention or heinous attention, she liked making a statement.

Devora smiled at that thought, sighing through her nose, feeling that same stinging sensation salt her chest with guilt.

Shudders made their way down her spine, as her neck hairs rose at the sudden memory she had of her.

"Are you cold? Do you want me to shut the air off?" Jungkook immediately noticed her unusual behavior.

"No, it's okay. I was just thinking for a second."

Now that he mentioned it, it was pretty chilly there.

Her eyes looked up at the ceiling, noticing that she was standing right below a vent, blowing its cool air right at her thrumming body.

"Are you okay?" He was sweet, checking up on her.

She moved in front of his sitting body to dye the fringe of his hair.

"Just hungry, sorry if you hear my stomach from there."

That made him giggle, realizing that her lower half was right in his face.

Not that he was trying to be a creep, or check her body out while she was working on his hair, but he was placed face to face with her lavish curves.

It made his hands perspire, foot rocking his right leg up and down.

His thumbs toyed with each other, remarking how big her thighs were when they were so up close, or how wide her hips were.

Her stomach wasn't flat, it was realistic, and though her waist was a little smaller than her lower half, her body was still practical.

He liked that.

Jungkook tried to distract himself with other things, looking down at the clean tiles below to keep his mind occupied.

His eyes looked up again with the motive to clear his mind for a moment.

However, to his surprise, he was placed just right below her breasts.

She wore a buttoned henley long sleeve, which did wonders for her body, intensifying her curves.

His eyes scrambled down again, cheeks colored a brilliant red, struck with a tingling sensation that crawled to his ears in a heap.

Jungkook stopped himself from viewing her body in the way he was.

It was inappropriate, wasn't it?

Would Devora want him to look at her the way he was?

Jungkook asked himself these questions, whisking away under his never-ending train of thoughts.

His hand rubbed against his thighs, wiping his sweat under the cloth of his shorts.

"Okay Jungkook, I think we're finished." Her methodical voice intermingled with his thoughts. "Finally, right?" She looked down, realizing how close her body was.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't— I'm sorry, I was way too close to you." Devora spurred, backing up from his body to give him room.

'How embarrassing. My stomach was all up in his face, like nobody's business.' She groaned in discomfort. 'He definitely heard my stomach growling. For sure.'

"No, it's fine. I didn't even realize it, really." He lied, giving her a tight smile like he was apprehensive.

Devora noticed how red his cheeks were, presumably because he was so bashful from her sudden invasion of his personal space.

"Okay, let's just leave the dye on for a bit." She ignored that, removing her gloves to read the box instructions. "It says to leave it on for a bit, maybe fifteen to twenty minutes?" Throwing the used gloves in the trash can beside the sink, and washed her hands under running water.

Jungkook looked at himself in the mirror, studying the progress of the dye. "Hmm, maybe I should have just dyed my entire hair blue?" He looked at Devora, doubt roamed in his glistening eyes.

"I think it should be fine, and if not, you can always cut it, am I right?" She teased him with a laugh, patting his arm.

"If I end up having to cut my hair, that means you do, too." Jungkook swore, towering over her body like a large pole.

Her jaw dropped. "What? That wasn't part of our deal, Jungkook, I warned you that I don't know how to dye hair properly."

"But, you still agreed to this." He pointed out. "Plus, you're in my apartment, so it's my rules."

Her mind went places where it shouldn't have, finding his statement to be a little uncanny. "I'm not even gonna- that statement sounds so wrong and vague. Jungkook, you are so persistent."

This conversation reminded her how demanding Jungkook could be at times.

How stubborn he could be.

And how well he was at getting things to go his way.

He was like a brat.

Similar to a little girl that could cry and stomp her foot once, and the parents would fold in her act like a wilted leaf.

But, part of his bratty acts had left her at fault, she was the one who gave into his statements so easily.

It was normally when he brought age into it, claiming that he knew more than her because he was twenty-five, while she was barely twenty-one.

So, in a way, she felt obligated to listen to him.

It's true, he was older.

Devora looked down, seeing that his hand was out like he was waiting for her to shake it.

His lips were pulled into that same crooked grin, making her roll her eyes — ignoring the butterflies that whisked in her gut — it was a good look on him, matching that smolder in his eyes.

His pierced eyebrow was raised at a slight angle, as his tattooed hand waited for her grip.

"Fine."

She placed her smaller hand in his larger, rough ones.

They shook it once, Devora squeezing his hand with all her built-up strength — seeing his shoulders imperceptibly flinched, not expecting that from her.

She smiled at his reaction, content with her stored muscles.

Devora could also be stubborn.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚