Chapter 21: Time for a riot (Jun)

ابدأ من البداية

I continued walking towards the main building while shooting one magic after another and killing my enemies. Some of them managed to put up more of a fight but I still easily killed them. Even if they were humans, I couldn't feel anything while killing them.

I guess I didn't have much empathy since I was fundamentally different from them. In my eyes, they were like Dump Files since they were just made up of codes that I could easily manipulate.

A red beam of light shot to the sky and I knew it was the enemy's call for reinforcements. That was great. It meant that I caused enough chaos here to divert their attention to this place.

However, they reacted much faster than I expected. At this rate, I wouldn't be able to rescue the prisoners... Unless I shift into maximum overdrive.

I picked up the pace and killed one enemy after another. It didn't take long until I arrived at the place where the prisoners were kept.

Multiple magic circles appeared above me and shot beams of light that destroyed their cells. The prisoners walked out.

"Who are you?" one of them asked.

"My name is Jun Inazuma. I know this is sudden but do you feel like liberating this city from the rebels?"

They looked thin and I could tell they were weakened.

"They aren't in the condition to fight. We are so doomed", Aiyu said.

A violet screen appeared in front of me and I inputted the command [developer_mode_1]. A barrier surrounded the entire place and the bodies of each and every prisoner glowed violet as I highlighted them.

After placing a few commands, their bodies became healthier. I then exited Developer Mode and I looked at them.

"I restored your bodies to your peak performance. Aiyu, gather the men who are interested in liberating this city and taking revenge on the ones who imprisoned them. Find any weapons you can use and kill the people who dared to get in your way."

I counted the number of men and there were around 70 of them. There was one huge red carpet on the floor and I used magic to cut out 72 pieces of cloth from it.

"Wrap your right arm with this red cloth if you're interested in joining this little war. This will show who is your ally and who is the person you should cut down. I'm not forcing you to fight for me but if you want to repay me for freeing you and you want to take revenge on those who imprisoned you, then find a weapon and start killing rebels", I told them as I wrapped a cloth around my right arm.

I walked out of the room and went towards the outside of the building. The enemy already knew that I liberated the prisoners and they would be coming here to make sure we were defeated.

A ball of blue light shot from my hands and went to the sky. It exploded and a loud noise echoed in the entire city.

"Rebels of Krusmond! I've come to bring peace and order in this place! If you don't wanna die, just bow down and surrender to my might!"

That should get their attention and I was sure that Eru got the signal. The rebels should be rushing here and attempting to wipe us out. Even if they were a hundred or a thousand, I wouldn't be defeated. Those mere lines of codes were insignificant against my might as a Coder.

As if on cue, I could hear footsteps. I looked ahead and saw an army. They weren't organized and they were charging towards me at full speed. It seemed that they were underestimating me.

However, I couldn't possibly defeat all of them the way I was right now. Should I go ahead and edit my codes so I could have enough mana to wipe them all out?

Before I could do anything, there was a roar behind me. I turned around and saw the prisoners were now equipped with armor and weapons. They also had a red cloth wrapped around their right arms.

"We're with you, Jun Inazuma!" one of them shouted.

"All of them agreed to fight. What are your orders?" Aiyu asked.

I looked at the approaching army of rebels.

"Let's give them hell", I shouted and several magic circles appeared above me.

The war was chaotic. My only goal was to kill as many enemies as possible while keeping my allies alive. That was why I made sure to support all of my allies to the best of my abilities. If I focused on protecting them, then they would do their job of killing our enemies.

Aiyu was doing well. She would shoot out water and then electrocute her enemies with lightning. Even if we were outnumbered, we were going to win this war. If worse comes to worst, I could just use my Coder abilities and turn my allies into unstoppable creatures. Of course, I would do my best to make the least amount of contradictions.

A few minutes passed and the bodies littered the streets. There wasn't anyone on our side who died and I was proud of my work. The rebels were getting whittled down and I knew they would call for reinforcements. At this rate, we would be able to wipe out the majority of the rebel forces.

The rebels looked at us with hesitation on their faces. It couldn't be helped that they were afraid. We killed many of them already without losing anyone. In their eyes, we were scary monsters.

Things were going well until a barrier surrounded the entire battlefield.

[Warning: Dump File detected. Size: 700 MB]

Five large white creatures materialized in the middle of the battlefield as violet screens appeared in front of me. If this barrier was Developer Mode, then my fears were true.

I looked around and saw a cloaked person with red screens surrounding them. I knew it... Shien Kageyama and this rebellion had the help of the Hackers.

###

A/N: I'm back and ready to continue this arc. LEZZGOOO!