Chapter 11: The cyan-colored Coder (Eru).

The girl named Cyan Nyan looked straight at the Dump File.

"Seriously? You're around 1.5 GB. What kind of inconsistencies did you come out from?" she asked.

She pressed a cyan screen and a square barrier surrounded the entire village. It was the same barrier that Jun-kun used in fighting against the Dump File back in our old world. I was pretty sure it was called Developer Mode.

That meant only one thing, the girl in front of me must be the Moderator of this world. It was very reassuring that we managed to find a Coder and had them deal with the Dump File.

"We're saved... A Coder arrived in time", I muttered.

Cyan Nyan pressed a screen and the ground below the Dump File turned into two giant spikes and pierced through it. The white creature broke the spikes and threw it at the girl. However, the spikes began to glow in a cyan light and after she pressed a screen, they disappeared.

"As expected of a 1.5 GB Dump File. I've been on this server many times and I'm sure that the codes here wouldn't make a Dump File like you. Did a Coder mess up?"

The Dump File roared and a ball of red light formed on its mouth. Cyan Nyan pressed a screen and a large block of metal materialized and protected her from its attack.

She pressed the screen once more and several large futuristic looking cannons appeared. The cannons shot a cyan laser and left holes in the Dump File's body. It then crumbled into several white rectangles which floated up to the sky and vanished.

"Dump File... Deleted", Cyan Nyan bowed as if she just finished a performance.

She looked straight at me and smiled.

"Now then... I have a question for the person who knows what I am", Cyan Nyan walked towards me.

A cyan screen appeared in front of her and she read it.

"Eru Reika... Let me see what the System Records have about you", she muttered.

System Records?? What was that? Jun-kun once mentioned it but he didn't explain it to me.

"That's odd... You are not from this Server, are you? The System Records has no information about you", she said.

"It's a bit hard to explain but I got sent here", I told her.

"I see... You're just a victim of this case huh? I knew that the transported individuals would end up creating Dump Files but I didn't expect to see 1.5GB so soon."

A cyan screen appeared in front of her and she pressed it.

[Patch being installed]

Those words appeared on a cyan screen in front of me and then a flood of information flashed through my mind.

"Control the fire!"

"Evacuate the citizens!"

"Somebody help this man!"

I could understand what the men were saying.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I installed a Patch inside you. That way, you wouldn't continue messing up this Server."

Before I could ask any questions, Reine ran towards me.

"Eru! Are you alright?!" she asked.

"Yeah. I got saved by Cyan Nyan", I answered.

"Wait... Your mouth is matching your words... Did you learn our language?"

"It's because of her. I'm pretty sure she did something. She can manipulate Reality after all."

"Manipulate Reality? So this person is the one we were looking for?"

"I'm going to stop you right there. I am not the person you need", Cyan Nyan said.

"But from what we saw earlier, you are the "one who commands Reality." You must know the answers for our questions", Reine said.

"Hmm... It's true that I command Reality but I'm not the one you are looking for. My goals are too different from you guys. But I will gladly tell you that I am aware of what is going to happen if you don't find the Coder you are looking for."

"Coder?"

"What if I said that Reality is like one huge magic circle?"

###

From Cyan Nyan's explanation, it seemed that magic was similar to a computer program. Her explanation about Reailty was the same as what Jun-kun told me except that the terms she used were the terms used in magic. If that was the case, magic was similar to programming.

"So the creature we fought was a Dump File?" Reine asked.

"Yes. And it's a strong one too. I was sure that the existence of the transported people would create them but I didn't expect to see a 1.5 GB this early", Cyan Nyan answered.

"What's wrong with our existence in this Server?" I asked her.

"You were transported here. So that means fundamentally, your body is completely different from the other people here. You might have codes in your body that will cause conflicts with this Reality and end up accelerating the creation of Dump Files."

"So Eru and the other people created that horrible beast?" Reine asked.

"That's one possible explanation. Unless there's a Coder out there who carelessly edited a code and created a huge conflict, this is the only explanation I can think of."

"Then what can we do to avoid it?"

"For starters, find the Coder the Administrator officially sent. He should install a Patch to the people and change their bodies to resemble a native's. Like what I did to Eru here."

"I see. You changed his body. That's why I can sense mana inside him right now."

"Reika-kun! What's going on?" Oozora-san ran out.

"Is this another person who got sent to this Server?" Cyan Nyan asked.

"Yes", Reine answered.

A cyan screen appeared in front of Oozora-san and Cyan Nyan.

"What's going on? How come several words and knowledge are getting flashed in my mind?!" Oozora-san asked.

"I just made sure you'll learn this world's language while also changing your body. It would be inconvenient if you know nothing", Cyan Nyan said.

"Wait. Will we be able to go home?" I asked the Coder.

"Well... This Server and Mithra's Server will be the first Servers to be connected. Once that's possible, you are free to travel all across Servers."

"If you are not the one we are looking for, then who is the person we are supposed to meet?" Reine asked.

Cyan Nyan looked at a screen in front of her and smiled.

"Head to Rizuru Village. The Coder you are looking will be heading to that place."

"Rizuru Village?" I asked.

"Yes. I just looked at the logs of this Server and the Admin sent a message to Coder with the ID MOD 1412-5563-4689 to go to that place. You'd better hurry since the Coder received that message two days ago and you might miss him if you delay any further."

Wait a minute...

"I have one question for you. My friend said there are three kinds of Coders. If you are not sent here as a Moderator, then what are you?" I asked.

Cyan Nyan smiled.

"Three?? I see, I see. Your friend is that kind of Coder, huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. Anyway, I have to leave for now. If we ever meet again, I hope we'll still be on the same side."

With those as her parting words, Cyan Nyan left us behind. However, she gave us one hint. We had to go to Rizuru Village and find the "one who commands Reality."