Epilogue: BEN Drowned

Zacznij od początku

"We're in...what you people would call, the internet. Well, it's more like a virtual space, which I had the honor of bringing you to." He explained in a nonchalant way. Y/N stared at him like he was crazy, she could feel her heart accelerate quickly. BEN also seemed to notice how panicked she looked and cleared his throat.

"After you passed out, I had the great idea of bringing you here, a place where the more, "techy" killers use for a hideout," he air-quoted techy, so it was probably someone's own expression, "it's solitude to relax. Only we, and a select few, have certain access to this place. We're safe."

Safe.

Y/N settled down, glancing at the outfit she wore. A cleaner version of Hoodie's hoodie and pair of grey sweatpants which were airy and comfy on both the inside and out.

"Is there...nothing else here?" She spoke up as BEN made himself comfortable beside her. He chuckled.

"There's plenty here, what do you want to see? What do you want to do? Anything you can think of, this place can bring to you."

All this new information made her head spin. She could see anything? Do anything? It was all so overwhelming...but maybe...that one place. The place she spent a lot of time at with her one...interesting friend.

Y/N closed her eyes and thought about it. A clear field with a dozen of different flowers. Soft grass and the distant chirp of birds. A clear, blue sky.

Something tickled at Y/N's nose and she opened her eyes. BEN peered at her, holding a blade of grass between her eyes, right at the edge of her nose. He snorted, dropping the small piece of greenery, and leaned back in the grass.

"A nice place you thought of," he sighed with content, deciding to lay back even further, his hat gone from his head. His blond hair actually looked quite nice without it. Y/N felt herself smile and looked away from him before he could catch and tease her about staring at him. Maybe he already knew and decided to do it later. Who knew?

Y/N laid down beside him and stared up at the false blue sky, which made a sickening feeling in her stomach appear. It was small, but it was there. Somehow, knowing that all this scenery and material was fake made her think immediately about the maze. Her brows knit together and Y/N reached out with her right hand to knead a bundle of grass in her fist to keep her mind off of things. At least in here, she had all her memories.

At least...she knew she was safe.

"Hey, don't do that, you'll get wrinkles when you're older." BEN's voice pierced through Y/N's thoughts. She quickly relaxed her face and frowned at his words.

"You're making that up."

He shrugged, "am I?"

Is he?

"Anyways," he rolled to his right side, facing Y/N's figure a bit better, "what's got you thinking so hard? You're safe, you have everything you need. Did I mention you don't have to worry about eating here?"

Y/N let out a small gasp, "but...I like the taste of food."

His eyes uncharacteristically narrowed at her joking voice, causing her to grow quiet and think about her next words.

"I guess I'm just...a bit worried? Stressed?" She laughed, "I don't know...all of this, it feels the same."

"Like the maze?"

Her silence was enough to answer his question. He sighed and sat up.

"That's why I was a bit hesitant to bring you here...but I had no other choice. I wanted to keep you safe, I wanted to be the one by your side," he rubbed the side of his head, "I'm not really good at this kind of stuff, I guess I didn't think about your feelings first."

Y/N sat up slowly, smiling down at the colorful flowers that dotted the green clearing they sat in. A smooth flow of wind picked up around them, something relaxing that eased the two of them.

"Thank you...though, this makes me a lot happier," Y/N sighed clasping her hands together. She couldn't meet his eyes.

"Y/N, this isn't the same as that place, but I agree, it's not that different sometimes." BEN watched her hands and something edged at him to move closer, "but I promise you, I'll do everything I can to protect you...since..."

His hand placed on the tight grasp Y/N had on both of hers, which relaxed them a bit. He was able to take the anxiousness away from her.

"Since..." Y/N now lifted her head, blinking up at him with a sincere look. It made his words tremble and he averted his own eyes embarrassingly. His pointed ears burned.

"Since...I care. I care a lot for you, Y/N." His hands squeezed her own as he admitted this, which sent a burning passion down her arms and to her core. She brightened suddenly, her eyes becoming misty. She squeezed back, smiling, her own ears burning with the same happiness and awkwardness.

"I'm glad."

BEN pulled her closer, the two of them lying in the middle of the flower-filled clearing, the stillness in the space creating a lovely paradise for just the two of them.

~

Route completed.

[Up next; Liu/Sully]