The road to Tokyo Dome

Tiffany stopped singing when she saw the producer shaking his head and waving his hand, signaling her to stop. She removes the headphone from her head and put it back onto the stand. She sighed before going out of the recording room. 

"I can't do it. The note is too high for me." She told the producer who was now sitting on the chair, shaking his head, feeling the stress. Tiffany felt bad. She tried hard to match her tone like Jessica but she can't. It was too straining for her throat. She looks at the rest of the member apologetically before joining them to sit down. 

"Who can do it then?" The producer ask. "Seohyun?" 

Seohyun shook her head. "No Oppa. That part is too high pitch for me. I don't think I can reach it. What's worst, it's my part after that. And I have lots of high notes in this song too." 

"Yoong? Soo? Yuri?" 

All three shook their head. 

"I've already taken some of Jessica's part in this song. I don't think I can do her alibi." Sooyoung responded. 

"Hyo?" 

Hyoyeon quickly shook her head too. "Too high for me." 

"I'll do it then." A calm voice suddenly spoke as everybody turns their head towards the voice. 

"Are you sure, Taeyeon?" The producer asked. 

"Yeah." 

"But you already have lots of singing parts. And you're also taking some of Jessica's high notes in other songs. I don't want you to strain your voice." 

"It's ok, Oppa. I'll manage." She then looks at her members, particular one person who was giving her a worried look. "I'll be fine. I'll just rest my voice a little more after that." She reassured them. 

"Ok then. Go take a few minutes break and we'll record the rest of the song when you girls come back. And then we'll review it together." 

The girls stood up and left the room, each taking their own break. Some went to the nearby minimart to get some snacks and drinks, some went to the washroom to freshen themselves while Taeyeon and Tiffany managed to sneak into one of the empty practice room, wanting to have some time to themselves. 

Tiffany dispense two cups of cold water from the water cooler before approaching Taeyeon who was already sitting on the couch. She hands one cup over to Taeyeon. 

"Thank you." Taeyeon lifted her cup up, thanking Tiffany for it. 

"I'm sorry." Tiffany said as she took a seat beside Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, surprised at the sudden confession. "Why are you sorry?" 

"For not being much help to you." 

"Huh? What are you talking about?" 

"Thanks to my incapability to sing those high notes, you now have more responsibilities on your shoulder. I wanted to help lessen that burden. But I... Can't." Tiffany said disappointedly as she stares at the cup in her hand. She resent herself for being useless and not being quite a help to Taeyeon. 

"What?" Taeyeon furrowed her brows. She hates it when Tiffany blames herself for everything. She places her cup down on the floor before scooting closer to Tiffany. She took Tiffany's cup in her hand and place it on the floor too. She held Tiffany's hands. "Look, you don't have to take the blame ok. There's a reason why you're always in charge of the lower notes in the song. And you've done nothing wrong so don't apologize for it." 

"But still-..." 

"You did took some of Jessica's high notes too in some song." Taeyeon quickly intervene. "Like Divine. That's helping me and the team."