All we are

Taeyeon slowly opened the door to her room before closing it behind her. She found Tiffany laying face down on the bed, crying into the pillow as her body shook furiously as she tries to control her sobbings, taking gasps of air in between her cries. 

She felt woeful and guilty towards Tiffany.  I did that to her. I caused pain to her. Those tears are caused by me. She silently cursed to herself as she slowly approached the bed. She wanted to just slap herself in her face for doing all this to Tiffany. What was I thinking? 

"Fany..." Taeyeon mutters softly as she climbed onto the bed, placing her arm over Tiffany's back. 

"G-go a-away." Tiffany stammers as she shook her body a little, wanting to flick Taeyeon's arm off her back. 

"Fany." Taeyeon calls again and scooted closer. 

"L-LEAVE M-ME A-A-LONE!" Tiffany shouted through her cries. Each of her words were cut off as she shouted, thanks to her hard cry. 

"Fany." Taeyeon mumbles more to herself. She was shocked by Tiffany's sudden outburst. Sadness starts to surge up her own body as she observes the crying latter in front of her. Her heart have already broken into pieces the moment she entered the room but to watch Tiffany crying badly and even chase her away, makes her wants to kill herself.  

"Go away, just go away." Tiffany buries her face back into the pillow. 

Taeyeon didn't give up. She scooted closer and hold onto Tiffany. 

"D-DON'T T-TOUCH M-ME..." Tiffany shouted again as she struggle to free herself. "G-GO A-AWAY..." She choked and continued pushing Taeyeon away. 

"Fany..." Taeyeon fought back and held Tiffany close. She let Tiffany hit her as she tries hard to reach for the hysterical Tiffany. "I'm sorry." She finally hugged her and whispered against Tiffany's hair. "I'm sorry." She sniffed as her tears fall. "I'm really really sorry. I'm the stupid one. I'm sorry." She buried her face against Tiffany's hair and held her tight as she soothe her. "I'm very sorry." She repeated her words. 

Taeyeon's warmth hug broke Tiffany. She threw her arm around Taeyeon and buried her face against the crook of Taeyeon's neck, sobbing harder as she let out her frustration and fear. 

And as she cries, Taeyeon held her. She felt it was her duty not to move until the tidal waves of tears stopped crashing against her neck and until the sadness has faded. As Tiffany wept sadly in her arm, Taeyeon seemed sad, the girl she loves was breaking in front of her and it seemed like there is nothing she could do it. She blamed herself for it and she wished that she hadn't been so stupid in her actions. How she wished that she could turn back the time. 

Taeyeon hold Tiffany for over half and hour in silence before deciding finally upon something to say, "It's going to be ok. I love you. I'm going to make it ok." She promised her and squeezed her gently in her arm. 

"D-don't do that to me e-ever a-again." Tiffany manage to say out amidst her irregular breathing and sobbing. She hit Taeyeon's back just to vent out her anger and frustration towards her. 

Taeyeon let Tiffany hit her. "Sorry." She muttered, feeling ashamed of herself. She then heard Tiffany sniffle as her tears seemed to have stopped and slightly felt relieved. She hugged Tiffany tighter and continued rubbing her back, soothing her down. 

Tiffany heard the apology and all her anger melted away. She was never angry at Taeyeon in the first place. She was just irritated by her stupid decision. She lifted her head and silently just planted the softest of kisses on Taeyeon's lips before lying against Taeyeon's chest and closing her own eyes, wanting to sleep with her girlfriend, disappear from reality for awhile and feel Taeyeon's arm protecting her from nightmares, to leave the sadness behind.