"I didn't mean it like that! I know it was shitty but that wasn't my intention. Come on, Joe."

"Well it sounded exactly like that to me," said Joe. "So you're calling up Jon behind my back now? Though I shouldn't be surprised since you seem to be talking to everyone except for me."

"Last I checked, Jon and I are friends," Sasha retorted. "I called him because you weren't taking my calls and I wanted to know if you were okay. Obviously you're okay enough to completely ignore me and leave town without telling me."

"You didn't tell me about Tyson so why do I have to tell you everything I do? Especially when you don't trust me?"

"I never said I don't trust you!"

"Fine. Tell me this then. If I hadn't shown up at your place that night, would you ever have told me what Tyson did?"

Her prolonged silence told him everything he needed to know, and he felt his heart crack afresh. "I thought not," he said bitterly.

"Baby..."

"Joe, can we talk?"

Sasha frowned at the new voice at the other end of the line. A female voice. "Who is that?" she demanded. It sounded suspiciously like that blonde tramp. "Who the hell is that, Joe? Answer me!"

Exhaling, he rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I gotta go."

"Joe!" But all she could hear was a dial tone. Sasha lowered her phone and stared at it in disbelief. This motherfucker did not just hang up on her.

"Hey Sash! Could you get the cable for the karaoke machine out of the store?" Reggie's shout from outside jerked her out of her shock. Composing herself, she stashed her phone away and stood up. "Gimme a minute!" she answered. She retrieved the object and returned to the bar.

Reggie peered at her when she walked past him. "Hey, you okay Sash?"

"I'm fine," she lied and went back to work, ignoring the stinging in her eyes.

——————-

Thrusting his phone back in his pocket, Joe pushed himself off the wall. "Ain't nothin' to talk about, Danielle."

The blonde woman cast her eyes toward the ground. After a few moments she cleared her throat and lifted her gaze back to his. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened back at your place," she said, "I wanted to apologize but you haven't given me the chance."

"Don't need your apology," he mumbled, wishing he wasn't so upset.

"I take it that was her on the phone?" Danielle asked softly.

"None of your business."

The Diva known as Summer Rae didn't relent. "Look, if you're not happy with her you don't have to-"

"For fuck's sake Danielle, mind your damn business!" he snapped, glaring at her. "I don't know what you're playing at, but I have no care to go to anyone else and I sure as hell have no care to come to you. Okay fine, I got my hands on virtually every female talent in this company and I'm sorry if you or Natalie or whoever else I didn't fuck feels left out. But I'm done with that. I'm in love with Sasha. So back the fuck off." Rolling his eyes, he turned to leave.

"You loved Andrea and look how that turned out," she murmured.

Joe turned on her so fast that she shrieked in alarm and flinched, stumbling into the wall behind her. Blazing grey eyes bored into frightened blue as the Samoan towered angrily over the blonde woman. One look in his eyes had her shrinking further into the wall. She had said too much.