Chapter 13 : How I Met My Future Mother-In-Law

"Umm Melissa.... You should have brought that up once we settled inside", Mei says as she flops down on the sofa. The blonde inventor who was now fanning her boyfriend's unconscious mother looks at the fellow inventor with an annoyed expression and retorts, "Well I didn't expect she would react that way".

"Well you should be aware by now of the fact that Izuku is just like his mother", Mei replies back to which the American retorts, "Izu never faints around me like that". "Well he faints around me like that", Mei retorts to which a tick mark appears on the American inventor's forehead as she says, "Well unlike you, I have a sense of personal space".

"What did you say?" Mei asks with raised eyebrows.

Mirio and the seniors chuckle at the banter as Eri and Fuwa are seen bringing water for everyone. "Well Melissa, that was one hell of a way to make a first impression", Bibimi says with a boisterous laughter and Melissa just lets out an annoyed groan. Suddenly they hear a groan and all of them look at Inko who is now waking up.

"My baby boy has a girlfriend!?" Inko's eyes snap open and immediately sits up causing Melissa to jump a bit. She then looks at everyone and sheepishly says, "I'm very sorry that you had to see my unsightly appearance".

"It's fine, Mrs. Midoriya", Mirio says with a smile as his eyes scans the room around him. The Christmas vibe was definitely there in the apartment. The small Christmas tree with Christmas lights and decorations were present. There were even three small socks with the names Inko, Eri and Izuku. But there was also something that Mirio and others didn't fail to notice. The sun was not down yet and yet Inko had lights on. Mirio's eyes fell on the windows, just to see them boarded up, but he could clearly see that the glass of the window had some cracks and holes, as if someone tried to throw things in. Bibimi even noticed a few burned up spots on the floor while coming in, and while taking care of Melissa was taking care of Inko, on closer inspection, this type of burn indicated that something with only acidic properties can do. Not only that... Eri was keeping herself very far from the windows, and she was being wary as if something would come popping in.

"O-O-Oh! I should make something for you guys.... Maybe Katsudon? Something like that!? Yeah... we should definitely do that!", Inko says hastily as she gets up from the couch only for Melissa to push the woman gently back on the sofa. "It's ok Mrs. Midoriya... You should rest". Inko looks at the American and she slowly mutters, "I can't believe my son is dating a foreigner".

"Me too", Melissa replies honestly to which Nejire asks, "Wait! Wait! Wait! You were not joking!? Are you both together now?" to which the blonde girl only nods and says, "Well, one thing led to another and I popped the question... well he confessed first.... But I was the one who asked to start the relationship".

"You went to meet Izuku!?" Inko asks in shock to which Melissa hesitantly nods. Would the Midoriya matriarch feel angry at the blonde for leaving her out of this.... But she herself was meeting the mother of her boyfriend for the first time.

"How is he?" Inko asks as she slowly makes Eri sit on her lap to which Melissa replies, "I don't know what to say Mrs. Midoriya. Izu says that the guards are treating him well and the prisoners don't bother him much. There are few cell mates he has befriended. He is definitely suffering from insomnia. But he did say that things were looking up. He and a few of the cell mates started to teach the prisoners basic school stuff. He also said that he misses you and Eri a lot".

"Really?" Inko asks and Eri looks at Melissa with hopeful eyes. Melissa couldn't help but nod and tears start to fall from Inko's eyes. Everyone starts to panic but Eri simply hands out a handkerchief to her adoptive mother, indicating the fact to everyone that this was something that happened many times in the Midoriya household.