16

"Hiah, save me this seat while I go to the restroom, please." Yeona spoke and Hiah nodded .

"Do you want me to come? It's pretty late."

"No, it's fine."

Yeona walked outside the venue and walked on the trails around the campus, taking in a breath of fresh air and mourn a little bit. Her insecurities had started kicking in and all she wanted was to go back to the dorms .

But knowing her friends, she knew they were bound to get worried and she didn't want to ruin everyone's night.

As for Jisung, she didn't knew where he was and she liked it that way, atleast for the time being.

The phone ringing brought a frown on her face, this was an unusual call so a bit confused, she picked up.

"Hello junior, Why'd you call?"

"Yeona, do you know why Hyunjin Hyung is not picking up?" Came the sound of Hyunjin's step brother, clearly disturbed.

"Oh, Actually we are at a student party and that might be why he couldn't hear the rings. Everything okay, Jeongin?'' Yeona asked worriedly.

Yang Jeongin was Hyunjin's step brother. After mrs. Hwang separated with Hyunjin's father , he had married to another woman and Jeongin was their son.

Now, Hyunjin and Jeongin didn't had a very good , totally siblings like vibes but they did care for eachother.

(A/N- TW// talks about su!c!de)

"No, we are at the hospital. Mrs. Hwang tried cutting of the veins in her wrist. " Jeongin was hyperventilating. "Can you please pass the message to Hyung and tell him to come here."

"Alright I will do that but how is aunty? Who informed you?"

"The doctors said she will survive but I don't know anything else. Dad and mom are in the cabin, talking to the doctor. " Jeongin responded.
"I actually went to aunt's house to pass on a parcel that came for Hyung but was accidentally sent to our address."

"Okay, hang up. I will inform hyun, take care , junior." Yeona immediately ran towards the venue , In that moment she had heard the news, the alarms in her heads were blaring, she couldn't worry about anything else.

She knew Hyunjin would be crushed if anything happens to his mom and she desperately prayed for his mom.

"Yeona.."

It was Jisung, she knew even though she didn't turn around to face him.

"Yeon, can we talk? Please.."

"I am sorry but I have to go now. "

To Jisung it seemed like he had ruined the friendship but honestly, Yeona wasn't even thinking about it, all she wanted to do right now was to go to Hyunjin.

So, she ran inside the venue, looking for Hyunjin all around amongst so many people, it was difficult but she did find him and apologized to everyone around Hyunjin as she pulled him to the side where the music was a little winded down.

"Hyunjin, listen to me carefully and don't panic, alright?"

Hyunjin sensed the seriousness in Yeona's voice as he nodded.

"You have to go back to town. Jeongin called, your mom is in the hospital."

Hyunjin's heart drop, yes his mom was controlling but all he had growing up was his mom and he genuinely loved her.

"Wh-what happened to her? Is she okay? " Hyunjin was almost shaking.

"I don't know." Yeona lied, she didn't want him to panic even more. " But Your dad and mrs.yang is there.

Let's leave and I will help you pack . You should grab the first train that you can."

"Yeona, will you please come along? I need someone there with me." Hyunjin teared up.

"I would but your mom wouldn't like it and I don't wanna go at dad's also, your dad will be there so don't worry." Yeona reasoned.

"I cannot confide in them..Yeona please. You can stay at dad's house . They love you but please..I cannot do this alone." Hyunjin was almost begging.

Yeona exhaled and ultimately agreed.
" I will first go and pack my stuff and then we will meet at the gates of the University. We can mail the authority about the emergency via email."

Yeona made Hyunjin leave first because he lived out of campus which meant it would take him longer than Yeona .

Yeona decided to text Felix.

"Hey lix, Hyunjin's mom is in the hospital and we are leaving in like an hour . Don't worry he's okay ."

"Please relay the message to others."

Yeona stared at her phone for a second or two and realised that Felix was offline, probably drunk too but she had no time to waste and ran to her dorm, ran through the halls and stairs and finally managed to reach her room.

She quickly changed into whatever casual outfit she saw first and dumped a few other clothes in a suitcase and sat down , opening her laptop.

First , she emailed the university authority and then booked their tickets and locked everything, dashed out of the door.

As she reached the university gate, there was Hyunjin, standing with a cab.

"Hyun...the train is in 45 min. We gotta rush." Yeona managed to finally take a breath when they settled in the cab.

Hyunjin was sobbing as Yeona clutched his hands and prayed.

_____________________________________________

WELP-