Chapter 9

I now stand in my grandmother's kitchen looking around at her familiar kitchen. I remember when I was a little boy spending weekends here. My grandmother is known for her great pep talks and cookies.

"So Logan what brings you here. I haven't seen you in months" she says causing me to flinch a little.

"I'm sorry grandma it's just been crazy. I found my mate" I tell her sounding sad even to my own ears.

"Congratulations Logan, that is excellent. Where is she dear?" She ask while placing a plate of her famous cookies in front of me.

"She fears me grandma. She wondered onto our borders almost two months ago. Casey was the only one she trusted at first. But now she will let Layton, Taylor, dad, Grace, and Peyton near her. I just don't get it anymore. The pain is to much watching her but not allowed to be near" I explain while trying to keep tears at bay. I don't want to seem like a whimp, but I guess I am.

"Oh my dear that is intense" she tells me while patting my hand. I nod while shoving a cookie into my mouth. These things are amazing it would be a crime to not eat one.

"How is your father and dear little Payton?" She ask with a warm look in her eyes.

"Dad is doing good, he's getting old you know. Peyton is great, she's still hyper as ever" I tell her love coursing through me at the mention of my little sister. She is my reason for living.

And Lenia

My wolf says reminding me of my dilemma.

"That is great. How are my boys?" She ask referring to Layton and Taylor.

"They are doing good crazy and wild like all ways. Taylor and Peyton go at it all the time. Layton and I always have to break them up, it's pretty funny" I tell her feeling the weight lift off my shoulders. Its like she knows what to ask about to divert my mind.

"Good, good I miss all you kids. I remember when you three boys were just little fellows. Do you recall the time you all stayed the night? The time during the great storm" she says with a little chuckle. My cheeks burn with embarrassment at the past.

"Yes grandma" I tell her laughing along with her.

"You boys were so adorable. The lightning struck and thunder sound and you were all at my door scared. You were so tiny then, now your all big and strong. I remember turning my light on and seeing Taylor and Layton's arms wrapped around you" she says with a far away look as if she was reliving the past.

"You were shaking so bad I thought you were going to have a seizure. From that day on you feared thunderstorms. It was so hard to get you to grow out of it. Oh but when you did the look on your face was worth every single one of the bad night's" she says with a proud smile. She wrapped her thin hand into mine as she continued with the story.

"You were what ten when we broke your fear. We all went four years helping you grow out of it. That night when lightning struck I expected you to come a running, but you didn't. I walked through the house to your room but I realized the kitchen door open. When I walked in I was surprised to see you standing out there. Right then and there I realized you would grow up to be an amazing man" she confesses while squeezing my hand.

"Do you remember what you told me that night?" She ask her golden eyes shining with something I can't name.

"Not really" I admit giving her a half smile.

"You said, 'Grandma the rain it's magical, I'm not afraid anymore. You did it, your a wizard'. When you said this you had the biggest smile on your face. You see Logan dear that's the thing. The things that are most precious to us take time" she tells me before kissing my cheek and walking away.

I stare after her not understanding why she retold me that story. What does it have to do with my problems. I eat a few more cookies before heading to my room. Laying down I stare at the ceiling trying to decipher her meaning.

Hours later I start to drift off. When I'm almost asleep lightning strikes lighting my room up. Thunder then follows filling the silent night. Years ago it would of scared me, but now it soothes me.

"That what she meant" I yell out loud to my self. I jump out of bed with excitement coursing through me. Lenia is like me when I was younger.

I remember always being so scared because I felt alone. It took me so long for me to realize that I wasn't, that storms have beauty to them. Her fears are my new storm, one that will take time to pass. I shall do everything I can to help it pass, even if that means getting hurt.