Chapter 4

Mate

My wolf screamed as the mystery girl passes out. Something inside me snaps making my heart speed up. 

"Help her Grace now!" I urge wanting to see her bright eyes again. 

"Alpha she needs to be brought into the clinic" Grace say looking up at me with confusion. I swiftly bend down and scoop the girl up into my arms. Her small frame fits so perfectly making my heart beat even faster then it is. I can feel the sparks between us as I run to the clinic. I place her softly down on the first open bed. 

"Casey I need your assistance here" Grace yells as she comes threw the door. She quickly washes her hands as I start to pace around the girl. She hasn't opened her eyes again or even moved and it is starting to freak me out. 

"GRACE HELP HER" I yell trying to calm my wolf down, but he is to worried about the girl. 

"Logan relax" Casey tells me as she puts an ivy into the girls arm making me step aside. 

"Do not tell me what to do Casey. I am the Alpha, I give commands not take them" I tell her in a warning voice my anger boiling over. 

"I know Logan, but if you do not controll your self you can hurt her more then help her. Who is she anyways?" Casey ask as Grace steps over. 

"Mine" slips from my mouth with out my permission. Caseys eyes grow at my words as she looks between the small girl and me. 

"Casey you need to either move or get to helping me" Grace demands snaping Casey out of her daze. I back up watching them work not really knowing what there doing though. 

A half hour goes by and she still hasn't openned her eyes again. 

"GRA...." I start to yell as I hear a quiet whimper leave her lips. I run over bending down in front of her. Just then her eyes fly open and they look around frantically.  Seeing so much fear in her eyes causes my chest to tighten. 

"Hey your okay" I say quietly trying to move the hair out of her face. She flintches at my touch making my wolf whimper. Before I could say anything else she begans to scream. She starts scratching at her arms and pushing away from me. 

"Logan you have to leave" Grace tells me standing inbetween me and my mate. I watch as Casey wraps her up in her arms trying to calm her down. 

Thats my job, I think to my self as Grace pushes me towards the door. 

"No I can't leave Grace she needs me, I need her" I whine trying to pled with my eyes. Grace shakes her head sadily while pointing to the door. 

"She is afraid Logan let me help her and then we will work on her fears" Grace explains before shoving me out and locking the door. I growl loudly not being able to controll my emotions. 

"Logan whats wrong?" Layton ask running over to me. I ignore him as I try to stop shaking violently. 

"Logan go run my son let Grace do her job" My father says coming out of no where. I nod my head sharply ignoring Laytons questioning look. I darted to the back door not wasting anytime shiffting. 

We have to go back

My wolf tells me feeling the same pain I am feeling. 

We can't 

I try telling him wishing he would let it go. However, he doesn't, he just keeps whining making the pain even worse. I run for miles pushing my wolfs voice to the back of my mind. I reach our borders and run the perimeter. I see all the guards along our borders, but I don't stop to talk.

After two hours of running I finally feel calm enough to return. I go straight to the clinic and to her bed. She lays there peacefully sleeping. Her wild red hair looks clean and silky.

"Logan you shouldn't be in here. All males are band from coming in here until Lenia is better" Casey tells me with a strict look.

"Lenia" I mutter liking the feeling I feel when I say her name.

"Yes, her name is Lenia and she's been through a lot. She won't talk to anyone but me and she's deathly afraid of all men" she explains as I stare at Lenia.

"But I'm her mate I have to be there for her" I say pathetically. I wish I could say I didn't care but every fiber in me is pulling me to Lenia.

"See Logan I told you the connection is amazing and strong. However, you being here will traumatize her not help her" Casey tells me but I refuse to listen. I keep my eyes only on Lenia as she breaths in and out.

A few seconds of silent fall upon us. Then Lenia starts waking up. She sits up frantic searching around. At first I thought she was looking for me, but when she spots Casey she relaxes.

"Hey there Lenia are you feeling better?" Casey ask n a hushed voice while walking over to check her vitals. Lenia nods her head not yet speaking or even noticing me.

Leave

Casey tells me through the mind link. Instead of doing what she said I stand me ground and walk closer to my mate.

As our eyes collided hers grow with fear and she starts to hyperventilate.

"Relax Lenia I'm not going to hurt you" I tell her in a hushed tone like Casey did earlier. Lenia just shakes her head profusely right before she starts screaming.

"Out Logan now!" Casey yells as she grabs Lenia. I whimper as I drag my feet out the door. I don't get far before I fall to the floor. My heart feels like it is being ripped in half. This is exactly why I didn't want to find my mate, but now I never what to lose her.   

(Lexie played by Kimberly Whalen a character who will be introduced later)