Chapter 7

You should listen to the song above its amazing. Slow and Steady by Of Monsters and Men.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A month later~

"Logan" my father calls from my door way. I turn towards him away from the window. Away from my mate, that walks around out side with Casey. My mate that I have yet be allowed near.

"Yes father?" I ask looking up into his aging face. He gives me a sympathetic look that just makes me up set.

"Have you considered my suggestion?" He ask flinching as a growl slips from my throat.

"I WILL NOT REJECT HER!" I scream emphasizing each of my words so he understands me. I slouch back on the ground. Emptiness is what I feel all the time. My reason for existing is afraid of me.

"Dad..." I say with such pain laced in my voice. Tears form in the corners of my eyes as I look up at my dad hopeless.

"Yes my boy?" He ask while patting my head.

"Tell me she will accept me" I beg wanting to hear lies because the truth is just to much.

"Oh Logan my boy. Listen here if you believe I believe. If you feel it in your heart your meant to be then you shall be" he tells me while pulling me into his arms. My father hasn't held me like this since my mother died.

"Keep your head up, I wont push any more" he promises before leaving me alone again. I wipe the tears that gather but do not fall. I stand back up and perch at my window. I stare at my beautiful mate.

"Casey" she trills with laughter. Thank the goddess for super hearing.

"Lenia" Casey mocks with a child like grin. Lenia smiles at Casey before running off. Her long red hair trailing behind her.

"Slow down" Casey tells her while catching up and grabbing her hand. Lenia freezes before shaking what ever ghost that was haunting her.

"I want to go for a run" Lenia says excitedly, asking for Casey's permission. Casey looks like she's thinking about it before she nods yes.

"We can go but you have to follow me and stay close. Layton is on post I'll take you his way, but promise not to freak out. Layton won't hurt you no one will" Casey tells her speaking very clear so she understands. Lenia nods her head with a brave look.

"Say it out loud" Casey demands not wanting to risk another mistake.

"I promise Casey now come on" Lenia says as she giggles as if she doesn't fear everyone who's not Casey.

"Lets go then" Casey tells her before she shifts. I've never seen my mate shift and let me say it is breath taking. Lenia is so graceful, she's a beautiful all white wolf. Her bright blue eyes stick out so much against her white fur. She truly is the yang to my yin.

Layton she's coming your way

I tell Layton through the mind link. I want him to give me access to see through his eyes. As an alpha I can look through my beta and mates eyes if they allow it.

Who?

He ask sounding confused.

Lenia, allow me to watch

I command him not wanting to miss her progress. It kills me that I can't help her. That she won't let me help her.

Of course Logan

He tells me in a soothing voice while giving me access. I look around seeing they haven't come yet. The only down point to this is I can't hear what is said only see what is happening.

A few minutes go by before Casey and Lenia approach in human form. Casey hugs Layton as Lenia stays far away. She smiles at Layton while saying something.

What did she say?

I mind link Layton hating that he gets to hear her gentle voice.

She just said hi that it was nice to meet me

Layton tells me while looking at Lenia. Casey says something to Lenia as she takes her hand. They walk closer to Layton. What is she doing? Lenia looks close at Layton with a curious look. She says something, what does she say? Why isn't she afraid of him?

What she say?

I ask frantic watching as she slowly moves closer to Layton. She places her hand on his face making my wolf go crazy. Why is she touching him? Why won't he answer me?

Relax Logan, she sees your eyes. She says there mesmerizing.

Layton tells me. Lenia smiles as she steps back some.

Hello Logan I see you decided to follow us

Casey says through the mind link. I growl at her teasing tone.

Watch it Casey we may be friends but I'm still the alpha.

I tell her but regret it as soon as it came out.

Yes alpha

She responds back in a monotone voice. I can see her expression fall before she collects her self.

I'm sorry Casey I didn't mean it like that. Can you tell her those are my eyes?

I ask thinking maybe if she can handle being around Layton, she could also handle me.

I don't think that's a good idea

She replys back taking my hope and crushing it. I don't reply back instead I leave them. I can't take it any longer. Maybe my dad was right. Maybe I should just reject her. Maybe she will be better off without me.