Chapter 3

"Keep up you guys need to work harder" I yell at the stragglers in the back. Were making our way back to the training field and the newbies are still having a hard time. I can see the clearing in sight now, and I know they can to cause they speed up.

"We all need a ton of work. You guys have to push yourselves not only in wolf form be human too. We can have our human bodies giving out on us if we're in battle" I explain as they all try to catch there breaths. "Go shower I'll see you guys tomorrow. Wait I need the ten people who were in the back to stay" I command as the others leave. I motion for Leyton and Taylor to also leave so I can be by my self with the slackers.

"Okay men you guys need to push your selves a lot harder. Since you guys tried short cutting me by half assing it, you all will run another ten miles to night with me when I do my nightly run" I tell them using my alpha voice so they know I'm not playing. One of the kids makes the mistake of groaning in displeasure.

"Excuse me did I ask for a response or for you to complain?" I yell so he understands he needs to stay in his place.

"No alpha" he says never letting his eyes meet mine.

"Then keep it to your self. For that you all will be running twice a day for the rest of this week and next week" I tell them as they all glare at the kid who groaned earlier. I smirk to my self proud of how I'm handling this.

"Go shower be ready at nine to run" I tell them as the hurry off shoving the kid who cost them there nights.

I jog into he house and through the living room finding a freshly showered Leyton and Taylor huddled up with there mates. I slightly roll my eyes before going to my room to shower.

After I finished my shower I lay back on my bed in my boxers. I flip through the tv channels not feeling like being with my love sick friends.

*knock knock*

"Come in" I yell not even bothering to ask who it is.

"Logan" the person says and I immediately know who it is. I look over to find Lex in super short shorts and a barely there tank top.

"What Lex?" I ask not even wanting to deal with here. She tries pouting making her face couture and not in a pretty way.
"Come on Logan baby don't you want some company?" She says in her annoying high pitched voice.

"No thanks, please leave" I say turning my attention back to the tv. She slams my door on her way out clearly up set. One drunken mistake and she things your a thing.

I spent the rest of the day catching up on paper work and training with my dad. When we had finished our training he again mentioned me finding a mate. However, I skillfully dodged him by telling him I had to work with some slackers.

I look at my watch seeing it almost nine when the guys hustle over to me.

"Welcome to the night run. Its the same as we do during training only we run only in human form" I say while stretching as they follow suit. Once we are all stretched out we take off running. We go a slow pace at first, but as we come up to the second mile I pick up the pace and they follow. There keeping up okay which shows they really were trying to pull a fast one over me. Once we come to the eighth mile I full out sprint. They try to keep up, but there pretty drained. "Push" I tell them slowing down just a tad. I no time were back at the pack house. They are breathing really hard like they should be.

"That's how you should have ran it earlier" I tell them slightly proud of them.

Logan we need you. We found a girl she's not in good shape.

Leyton mind links me. I send the guys inside to shower and do whatever as I run around to the other side of the house.

"What's going on?" I ask Leyton as I spot him, Taylor, John, Sam, and Doctor Grace. "John and Sam found this girl nearly passed out on our border" Leyton explains.

"Yeah, she was walking towards us when out of no where she fell" John explains a little more in-depth. I nod as I turn to the doctor. I get this weird feeling as my wolf starts to go crazy.

"John, Sam you can go back to your post now we got this under control" I tell them while trying to ignore the weird feeling.

"Yes alpha" they say before shifting and running off.

"Grace?" I ask while walking closer. The girl looks beaten and like she hasn't showered in days. She's very tiny with long red hair covering her face. Out of no where her eyes snap open and her icy blue eyes collide with mine.

Mate

(Payton played by Kaitlyn Maher)