"What are you talking about?"

"A few months ago, Sophie's assistant called looking for you. She said she pulled your number from the file at Sophie's office.."

"Get to the point!" I was losing my patience and I was really hoping that he didn't do what I think he did.

"Well, I was the person who answered so she told me to pass the message across to you...apparently, Sophie was going through hell at that time. She had been having issues with Leo and she believed that Leo was...abusing her. I wanted to tell you but you were busy with the deals and you just started getting back to normal after she left, I didn't want to put you through all of that again." I was boiling with rage. Why would he do something like that?!

"You're telling me that you knew about what Leo was doing to her and you said nothing?!"

"Karrion..."

"Did you even try to do anything?" His silence said it all. "Why? What did she do to you to deserve this much hatred? You stood by and watched her get abused simply because of a minor issue that I had with her! Did you even stop to imagine how hard the choice to leave was for her? Her friend's life was on the line and she made a call. And maybe I acted up but deep down I knew that her intentions were good."

"You can't put this all on me. You were losing sight of your duties! I couldn't let that happen."

"Oh really? Imagine if that was your sister? How would you feel if you found out that you could've helped her but instead, you chose to let her suffer due to ignorance? I'm done with this...and with you. You're out...for good."

"The only way to leave the mafia is by death. I'm not dead."

"Yet. But we can arrange that. If I ever see you around my guys or Sophie or myself, I will kill you." I walked out of the room half angry at him and then at myself. She really needed my help but thanks to Sion, she thinks I ignored her. She must think that I'm a monster.

*********Sophie's POV*********
"And that's when she realised that she had given him the wrong injection! He wasn't dead, he was just asleep!" I was mentally done!!!!! The jokes weren't funny, the people suddenly seemed like trash and all this was because I didn't want to be here! We somehow managed to make it through the whole event but somewhere between the end of the ball and the walk to the car, I somehow got Leo pissed.

"I told you not to look at him like that!! You don't get to look at other men like that!"

"He said hi! What was I supposed to do? Look away?!" He pulled me into a dark alley outside the hotel and pushed me up against the wall.

"I tried. I really tried to be nice to you and all but you obviously don't want that." His hands roamed my body roughly and I could feel him as he pushed himself against me.

"Stop Leo." I begged in sobs.

"You should know that I don't take your plea serious anymore." He knocked me out somewhere during that unfortunate ordeal and I blacked out.

I woke up in a room much more different than Leo's. It was too distinctive to miss. And if somehow I missed that part, it was impossible to miss the huge figure seated at the foot of the bed.

"Karrion?" He had his face in his palms but as soon as he heard my voice, he raised his head. He moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. Too much mental damage had been done to me.

"Fiore. You're ok now, everything is going to be ok." I wondered why he suddenly cared. He didn't care before! I pulled away from him and got off the bed. "You should be resting. Please lay down."

"No! Why am I here Karrion?"

"Because I had to get you out of there. Leo wasn't treating you the way you deserve to be treated."

"And you are?! I needed your help back then, not right now. You failed back then so why should I trust you now?"

"I didn't know. Your assistant didn't tell me anything. Instead, she spoke with Sion who made a decision to keep the information to himself. I'm sorry Sophie." I calmed down when I finally saw how distraught he was about the whole thing. He really didn't know.  I walked back to the bed and I sat down next to him.

"Why? Why would he just let me continue to suffer?"

"I don't know." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest. I felt at peace but ironically, I could also feel his anger. He was pissed! "But he's gone now. You don't have to ever see him again."

Was he dead? Did Karrion kill him? What happened to Leo? What will happen to Franco's mom? I had so many questions but this wasn't the time to get them answered. I was finally in a place where I wasn't scared of making a move. And I loved it. I even loved Karrion more for bringing to this place.

I took a bath and changed into one of Karrion's shirts. He was still dressed in his suit even though it was like 2am. He tucked me into bed and just sat there with me.

"Thank you." I said as I sat up. He had kept a relative distance from me since we got here. He was just seated at the foot of the bed, looking at me. I was feeling pitied and I didn't like it.

"For what?"

"For getting me away from him. And I know you're probably still mad at me for leaving but..."

"I promised you that I would always protect you, didn't I?" I gave an affirmative nod. "Then don't thank me for fulfilling it. Get some rest Sophie, you've earned it." I laid back down but he got up and walked to the door.

"Aren't you coming to bed?"

"I have some things I need to handle right now. But don't worry, I'll be here when you wake up."

******Karrion's POV*******
Was I angry? Yes! Of course I was! At Sion? Definitely! At Leo? I don't even need to answer that. At Sophie? I didn't know. At myself?.... I knew that something was wrong but I didn't want to believe that my instincts were right. I chose to remain in the dark. I wanted to believe that she was fine even though I knew she wasn't. I can stand here all night and beat myself up about this or...I could beat up the person who actually caused the damage.

"Well, pardon my manners but hosting isn't really my thing. I do hope the boys were easy on you?" I stared at Leo who was tied to a chair and covered in blood. He was badly beaten and bruised by my guys but now, it's my turn.

"First you kidnap my lady, then you return her, then you attack me in an alleyway after a ball, kidnap my lady again and then tie me up in a room with savages. What do you want from me?" I laughed internally and sat down opposite him.

"Sophie is not your lady. She belongs to me. I own her. And do you know what I do to people who misuse and maltreat my belongings? I make them suffer. You will suffer a fate far worse than death Leo. Death is too good for someone like you."

"I'm guessing you'll run back to her now and let your goons finish what they started huh? How does it feel? Sleeping with her when you know that I've been there. In every position imaginable. Every possible location. Every imaginable hour of the..." I didn't realise when my fist connected with his mouth. He deserved it. His tooth came flying out when he spat out some blood. Oops.

"You know, you were probably able to actually have sex with her so many times because you were doing it wrong. She was so unfulfilled that she had to make due with your mediocre performance. Tell me Leo, after her mission with me, how long did it take you to have her back in your bed? A week? A couple of days maybe? Did she tell you the details of that night? Or the fact that she had to drug me so I could slow down? Real men don't sit around and brag about the amount of times they have sex. They let the women do the bragging for them."

"She'll get tired of you too. Sophie is not a woman you keep on a leash...at least not for long." I got up and walked to the door but before my hand touched the knob, I turned back to face him.

"In case you haven't noticed, women don't get tired of me."