Chapter 47: The Art of Waiting

Chapter 47

The Art of Waiting

I looked at the wall clock in my office and saw it was almost six in the evening. I started organizing my things, a good thing I don't have a lot of work today and just a few meetings to attend and papers to review.

I can't remember since the last time I was excited about going home, nor leaving at the exact time at work. A smile couldn't leave my lips thinking and knowing someone was waiting for me at home.

I looked at my phone and saw One calling me. I immediately answered it, "Hi, Love." I greeted him. Joy was evident in my voice. I heard him laugh a little, making me feel familiar fluttery and warmth in my system.

"I just want to remind you not to go home late." he said softly, "I also cooked dinner." He added, "If you're not too busy, maybe we can e-" I could feel hesitation in his voice asking me. I knew he was trying to find words not to pressure me about going home early.

"I'll be home in a bit. Love, Let have dinner together." I told him as my smile grew bigger.

"Really?" he asked, surprised sounding so happy. I could imagine his deep dimples showing his lips as he smiled with anticipation. It's a pity I couldn't see.

"I'm about to get home to you, Love," I said gently. As a matter of fact. I got my bag pack and started walking out of the office. I signaled my secretary that she could go after thanking her for the hard work today.

"Okay then, I'll wait for you Jay, Drive safely, Love. I love you," he said sweetly, with his honey voice. Whenever he used that tone on me, I couldn't help but feel butterflies. It was just too cute not to feel the warmth and giddy inside me.

"I will. I love you more." I said softly as I chuckled. He said a few more reminders before we ended the call.

I reach my car and immediately drive home. I also had a stopover at a cake shop to get us some cheesecake, One loves it. I heard him saying that he wanted a cheesecake, but he didn't get one for some reason. So I'll get one for him instead.

It wasn't long when I reached home. I knocked at the door three times so he would be aware of my presence. I was just about to enter the passcode when the door suddenly opened, and he jumped lightly to hug me and welcome me. We both laugh softly as our system is invaded by each other warmth.

"Oh! how warm." I whispered as I laughed gently and wrapped my arms around his waist, slightly swaying us.

I feel like being recharged, all tiredness from work disappears. Every time I'm in his arm, his in my arms, everything just fades, and I just get lost to the little world where there's just the two of us.

We were walking while hugging each other. I placed the cake above the nearest cabinet to hug him properly. I stared at him, looking at me already while his chin was resting on my chest. He cutely scrunches his nose, making me suppress a peal of laughter and plant a small kiss on his forehead.

After a few seconds, He tiptoed to give me soft kisses on my lips, "Welcome home, Love." He said, then cling to my nape, hearing that sounds like my favorite pieces of music in my ears and heart that now jumping in joy as it pumps warmth to my system. After so long, It feels good.

I hugged him tighter, closing all gaps on our bodies. I miss this, him welcoming me to our home, and to him like the old times, I buried my head on his shoulder, "I miss you welcoming me like this, Love," I whispered just enough for him to hear.

He giggled softly as he ruffled my hair, "Me too, But we don't have to. Now, We have all forever to do this." he said softly.

I looked at him lovingly with soft smiles and did he the same as slowly rests his forehead on mine, letting out nose touch,