Chapter 45: Definition Of Love

Chapter 45

Definition of Love

Jungwon's Point of View,

I just got off from my training after transferring to another company at that time. The skies was already dark, and it was a quite tiring day for me, not surprising as it's a big company.

I couldn't stay there at the end, no matter how much I wanted to. I couldn't make it harder and too torturous for him. I could not afford to watch him suffer because of me. I could bear it if it was just me, but it wasn't the case, not one bit, so I ended up asking Ms. Yujin to transfer me.

I was waiting at the bus stop when a car I don't know suddenly horned. I just looked at it doesn't have any idea what's that for until the window shield rolled down and I saw Somi inside.

I actually didn't know what to say. It's been a month since I last saw her in Jay's office that day. I didn't even know how to face her after what happened. Like always, she was harmless. She smiled at me, so I returned it to her,

She opened the door of her car and invited me. I didn't know why I agreed after seeing those eyes and the solemn smile of her. All I knew was there was only silence between us. And we were already seated in bleacher in a park after an hour in the middle of the night.

We are the only ones here. No wonder as it's already dark. The sky looks calm as stars twinkle on it, and the moon seems to be extra prominent in its entire shape. There were only sounds of winds and trees dancing on it and crickets that seems become the sounds of awkwardness as silence continuously to enveloped us.

"He didn't change." that was the first line she told me. I looked at her, but she was just staring lost at the sky as the night breeze enveloped us, comforting both of us perhaps.

"He just turned workaholic, more opaque, but nothing about him changed. He was still the man five years ago. Indulgent, generous, and stoic. " she added. "There's a lot of things that did not change about him, but I think how the way he feels for you and for me was the only thing you need to know right now," she added that, making me look at her with pure confusion.

There was a frown on my forehead, trying to understand why she was saying these things to me when it was so clear that she was just hurting herself. I don't get her too. I feel like there is no sense and point in telling those things to me unless she wants us both hurt, but I still listened, thinking she needs someone to vent things out.

"I'm letting him go," she said that freezing me as I looked at her. Tears threaded her cheeks as her eyes showed evident pain and solemness even she tried to cover it with a serene appearance.

"Were able to save him, didn't we?" She asked me as she stared at me with a smile, this time genuinely. Even tears were continuously descended by her eyes,

My own tears started to pool my eyes.

Reminiscing how she asked me to save Jay that day. How I turned my back at Jay that night. And seeing him for the first again in five years looking at his building from afar. Of course, the gold title nameplate on the top of his office table that says 'executive director' under his name confirmed everything.

I nodded as a drop of tears escaped my eyes. I immediately wiped it away. We really did. I smiled bitterly

"Five years ago.., We are all left shattered and broken in different ways, as we choose our own way to save him," she said, full of blues. "Five years l-later..." she paused for a while, covering her mouth as her voice cracked and not to let any sobs, shutting her eyes hard. "We still are for the same reason.." she added as she crumbled between her cries and whimpers.