Chapter 41: The One Against Us

Chapter 41

The One Against Us.

Jay's Point of View.

After that day, One disappeared, just like how he did five years ago. I didn't ask anything about it. I just let it pass even it was killing me inside.

I thought it would be less painful, but it was just like that in my thoughts. I couldn't even feel anything anymore, just shallowness inside me and blues and emptiness that continues to eat me alive and my system. Aside from that, there's nothing else.

It's been a month, and I don't know how I was doing well. I work all day and night, not to think of anything else, forcing myself to forget him. I didn't rest and always did something to occupy my mind.

I found myself drinking alone in some pub I used to perform during my university days. There were a lot of familiar faces, but I was not up to socializing. Some girls tried to approach me, but I didn't give them even one glance. "One more glass," I said, and the bartender filled my glass with another serving of whiskey. I lost count of how many already.

"You should call someone. You already drank one bottle, Just a few glasses more, and you'll be knocked out." Kang joked as he laughed playfully.

I just beamed at him, "I'll just sleep at here then." I told him tipsy. He just laughed.

"We'll just call Jake, would that be okay?" he asked as if he's sure I'll really get drunk.

I just shook my head. "I'll be fine!" I said, then continued drinking.

I feel like I was wrecked back in the old days and used alcohol to forget everything, but it's not working like always.

I should have surpassed myself more. I should have controlled myself more, then maybe I'm still seeing him. I don't understand how he could always choose to leave me. Just how easy for him to leave me.

"Would you like to sing? People miss you. They have been bugging me to invite you to sing." The boss asked me after tapping me.

I just nodded and accepted the invitation. I'm tipsy but wasn't drunk, Possible for someone who has high alcohol tolerance, It's been years since I last performed, but I still could feel the warmth of the stage as the crowd welcomed me when I stepped on it.

Back then, I couldn't relate to sad songs, but the table turns, and that's all I could relate to. That's so ridiculous, really.

When I think of it, how hard must it have been for me? I feel like I was so commendable for being able to endure all of these hardships, but until when should I endure and take all of this? I feel like I couldn't any longer.

I am just tired of these all repeating shits. I don't want to be commendable for my own good. I just want an everyday life. I couldn't help but tears formed in my eyes because of my own thoughts. I wiped it away and smiled at the crowd fakely. They cheered for me loudly.

I picked up the guitar and sat on the high chair in the middle of the stage.

From here, I saw more familiar faces smiling at me. It was like being pulled in the times when singing became part of me. I should have enjoyed it till it lasts. Little did I know everything had an end.

How ironic.

I strummed my guitar and grabbed the stand microphone. It feels so new yet familiar... It's been really long. "Uhm, hi?" I said, then looked around more. The crowd cheered louder. This is how I always start it back days,

"I'm about to sing you a song about a man who loves someone he couldn't be with anymore," I told them. The crowd made a sad sound, and I just laughed. "This song... I hope you like it." I added even I wanted to say more.