Chapter 5: Keychain

Chapter 5

Keychain

Jungwon's point of View

Jay Hyung insisted on driving me to school today, too, but I refused him. I'm afraid that I'm troubling him too much. I feel like I do since the first day I moved in the dorm. I somehow felt apologetic and bad for him.

When I think of it, All he did these past weeks is to assist me, take me to places I need to know and make me comfortable while adjusting to this new world and life when he doesn't need to.

Honestly, I did not expect him to be such a warm person, Especially when we first met during my moving day.

When I saw him after the door opened, I would be lying if I said I didn't felt any intimidation because that's precisely what I felt. And seems like it's a feeling I will never overcome around him.

His presence is just too overwhelming for me. The cold aura he radiates that day to now still sends chills to me. He still does by just looking at me with those cold pair eyes of his.

I'm now looking at the keychain Jay Hyung gave me during my first day of school. I always think it's his way of saying 'good luck to me. He's a man of few words and instead expresses himself through actions. Staying with him made me learn that about him.

It's an eagle bird keychain that suits him. It's now dangling on my bag like what he wants me to do. Just like him and his appearance, the vintage keychain made out of metal also looks simple yet intimidatingly, strong at the same time.

"Jungwon, Professor Kim wants you to his office." A seatmate of mine, Dan, told me. I gave him a nod before walking through the office.

Miraculously making friends here isn't hard like what I imagined before moving here. I'm always anxious and worried about that.

I arrived at the office and saw Mr. Kim at his table. I knocked thrice before entering the faculty room.

"Dan told me you want to see me, Sir," I said politely.

He just nodded while checking the pile of papers on his table. "Help me distribute this to class and collect it before classes end today, give it back to me," he instructed, then gave me a handful of papers,

I gave him a small smile and nodded. "Okay, Sir, I will," I replied as I get the papers. I waited for him to dismiss me if he still had something to ask me, but he just signaled me to go, so I did.

I was now walking on the corridor when some guy blocked my way. I look at him in little surprise but not taken aback. He seems harmless even he looks pretty serious while eyeing me. Even though with that eyes, I don't really think I have to be on guard, Another thing is we're inside the school, and no one would obviously dare to create ruckus in a broad daylight.

"Do you need something?" I asked him, inquiring rather than sounding provoking and fresco.

His eyes blinked, but still looked at me with grimace. Puzzled, I only I could do is smile awardly not knowing what's that for and what to do. "Uhmm, if you don't need anything, I'll go first." I told him then showed him the papers. Personally, I don't like having things in my hands.

I was about to leave him when "You have this keychain, right?" He asked while showing his phone to me.

I can't help but frown in confusion while looking at him.

"Look at this," he added, then moved his phone closer to my eye level.

I glanced at him again when I saw the picture of the familiar keychain, No other than the vintage eagle keychain Jay Hyung gave me.