Chapter 39.2 Differently

Chapter 39.2

Differently

Jungwon's Point of View

When was that day? The first time I saw the man I ever loved in my entire life? And forever will be.

It was a sunny day on Monday that. We're invited for a tour of building and orientation after passing the Internship interview.

I graduated and was hired by their partnered company and sent as a trainee, but they required me for another interview.

Back then, I didn't have any idea who was I'm about to meet.

After our lunch, We talked for a bit in front of the restaurant. It was all a typical day of acting fine when my eyes caught a familiar man in his perfect fit.

I could feel the world stop spinning and time tickling as I watched him wonderstrucked with the fact I was seeing the man I loved the most just meters away from me after five years of me dying to see him.

My eyes immediately turned teary as sharp pain, longing, and yearning rush to me all once together.

He was wearing a black relaxed business coat, standing in front of his building while looking at it in silence.

Despite regrets and everything, I made the right decision, isn't it? Look at the man you became, Love.

"Are you okay?" My friend asked me, but I just nodded, not removing my eyes from the man who owned it since day one it landed on him.

He slowly walked inside his building. Every step of his brings unbearable pain inside me. I want us to stay here so I could see him more.

I want the time to stop so I could see him longer, even this far. I saw him till he was out of my sight that made my heart dropped, thinking how and when I could see him again from afar.

I know it was wrong, but what else could I do? I tried everything to forget him in damn years, but nothing worked, I couldn't fool my hearts, as it knows me best and well who it beats for.

Days passed and I was the only one appointed at the executive office. We entered his office while he was reviewing a document. He didn't spare me a glance, but walking closer to him made my heart pump hard and my system twirl like there's no tomorrow.

I bit my lips, suppressing a bitter smile and tears, thinking at least I was able to save him. I didn't have him, but I was able to save him. I made the right decision even it only brought me, us pain, and I have nothing to regret. Perhaps regretting my whole life too would be fine as long he is. I convinced myself.

It feels like I was electrified when his eyes landed on me, he's intimidating aura looks so cold yet familiar. He looked at me, so foreign yet familiar. A little tense and strain stunned perhaps for my sudden appearance.

Love, Do you still remember me?

I didn't know how I acted so calm when my knees were about to give me up, and I wanted to run and hug him. I missed him so bad.

He stared at me, but I couldn't return that, so I bowed and greeted him as well as to hide the tears that were near falling. He dismissed us after that.

I pretended to be lost about going to the comfort room and followed him to the room where the photocopier was. I saw him standing perplexed as he tried to get the machine working, but it kept beeping failing.

I guess he has something he couldn't do too. I smiled secretly as I could feel warmth spreading in my body to the sight I miss the most, living every moment even were so near yet so far.