Chapter 4 - Champagne Problems

Start from the beginning

"Oli please go with them. Please"

They were both already tipsy and I didn't want Beth to do something she would regret.

"Yeah yeah, I got it"

He stalked off after them and I turned to Leo.

"Nice dress" He cleared his throat and gestured towards my waist.

"Thank you..." The silence was deafening, and apparently never ending.

"Okay, anyways I'm gonna go... uhm, y'know." I pointed vaguely towards the dance floor and
he awkwardly smiled at me as I did a speed walk back into the house.

I heard Kaylee shout from behind me, just who I was looking for.

"BELLE! GET UP HERE WITH ME"

I laughed at her as she danced on the dining room table.

I quickly grabbed her hand and tugged her back onto the dance floor before she fell.

"You ruined the FUN!" She pouted at me and I ignored her puppy dog face.

I felt eyes on me from the corner of the room. I turned to see Leo talking to a blonde girl. He was staring at me with those pretty eyes. green.

He was a couple meters away, but he might as well have been standing right beside me. His gaze held that much heat.

"Come on you must be exhausted, Lets go."

She gave me the puppy dog eyes again, and I ignored them, again.

"Alright, alright mom" She replied and I pulled her through the crowd of people. I walked her into the main entrance of the house.

Whoops and shouts of Kaylees name bounced off the walls.

It was more like a bloody ballroom. Low hanging chandeliers and white carpet. Too fancy for me.

But it stressed me out watching everyone dancing with drinks in their hand. One shove and it'd be like dominoes.

Once a fancy carpet would be ruined.

She reluctantly followed me as I tried to haul her up the stairs.

A couple shoved past us into the bathroom, giggling the whole way. assholes

I pushed open her bedroom door and she flopped down on the bed.

I went over to her drawers and took out some pink pj's, putting them at the end of the bed and I shut the door behind me.

Her dad will kill her.

I took a deep breath and turned around to walk down the stairs. I caught those green eyes again. I was becoming a little too familiar with.

Leo was waiting for the bathroom.

I slowly walked toward him. "You're gonna be waiting a while"

He looked down at his shoes as he heard my voice. Avoiding eye contact, I see

"I saw a couple go in there a couple minutes ago"

He nodded slowly at me before picking at his nails. "You shouldn't do that." I state quietly.

"I know, I only do it when I'm stressed." He finally spoke

"And what's got you all stressed in that pretty little head of yours" I questioned

"This brunette girl who supposedly is my girlfriend... was dancing too seductively for her own good." So I was stressing him out. So easy to get him all riled up.