Just Open Up {Sal Fisher x Reader}

Start from the beginning

I made it outside to my car, getting in it ready to leave. "What the hell was that? I gave you the opportunity to tell him, but you go and mess everything up! You won't have forever to tell him! So you need to do it now. Especially since that girl is no longer in the way." I glare at Katlyn as tears form. "No! You're the one who messed everything up! My friendship with him is ruined! All because you were so impatient with me! Just leave me alone!" I shouted at her as the tears escaped down my cheeks. I wipe my tears away as I look away from Katlyn. Pulling my keys out I start my car and drive away. Driving all the way home in silence as I occasionally wipe away tears that fall. I couldn't go back to that house. Not after ruining everything with Sal.

— — — — — — — —— — — — — — — —

It's been nearly a month since I've visited or seen my friends, mainly Sal. I had closed off from people completely. Ashley, Larry and Todd have tried getting me to open back up, but it didn't work. Not even my parents could get me to open up. I ruined everything with Sal and I didn't know how to fix it. I stayed in my room most of the time, barely leaving to eat. Katlyn tried to get me to do what I needed to, but I just ignored her. Eventually she left me to wallow in my own self pity. Though I didn't blame her. I'd leave me too if I could or if it somehow made me feel better than I do now.

What I hated the most was that I couldn't even answer Sal. I couldn't tell him that I had fallen for him the moment I met him. I couldn't tell him I was so jealous of Ash that she had his complete attention. I couldn't tell him that I was willing to let go of all of my love for him if he had chosen her over me because he'd be happy. I lost the chance to tell him everything because I was so scared of losing him that I lost him anyway.

Suddenly a knock on my bedroom door pulled me out of my depressing thoughts. I stare at my door in confusion. No one could get in unless they had a key to my apartment. The only people that had a key were my parents and... Sal Fisher. The man I was avoiding out of fear of making things worse. I stayed in bed as the knocking continued. "(Y/n), it's me, Sally Face. Open the door please." I shifted on my bed to face the wall as tears started to fall. I wanted him to leave so he didn't have to see the state I'm in. I didn't want him to see that the person I once was had been consumed by the fears and tears I caused myself. I failed to notice the sound of the door opening as I cried into my pillow. I failed to notice the blue haired boy approaching me in the darkness carefully, avoiding the things strewn across the floor.

The sudden dip in the bed alerted me to the fact that I was no longer alone. "(Y/n)..." I didn't move to face him, I couldn't. "Please, just look at me." I heard him trying to hide the sadness behind the concern. I hesitantly sit up and face him, tears still escaping my eyes. I felt him gently place his hands on my cheeks and gently wiping away my tears. "Did I-" I cut him off as I removed his hands from my cheeks. "Sal, you didn't do anything wrong. It was all me. I wasn't ready to admit my feelings so I ran. I ran and pushed them down like I always do. I'm so pathetic." He squeezes my hands. "You're not pathetic (Y/n). You were just being cautious with your feelings." I look away from him as I pull my hands out of his. "Look where that got me." I mumble as I scoot away from Sal, moving closer to the wall. He sighs softly as he moves more onto my bed, getting close to me. I look at him as I feel the bed shift from the change of weight. "Sal, why are you here?"

"I needed to know the truth." I sigh softly as I look away from him, starting to tear up again. "I love you Sal. I have for years now. I've wanted to tell you, but I was so scared that you'd reject me and ruin the friendship we have. I couldn't do that, but I've already ruined our friendship." I tell him softly as the tears roll down my cheeks. I closed my eyes as silence filled the room. The only thing I heard was Sal shifting around on the bed, unaware of what he was doing.