Chapter 22

>>>>>STEVEN'S POV<<<<<

I was sitting on Amanda's bed watching her sleep... I felt my heart drop when she got up and didn't even look at me or smile... That smile is my fuel for the day these two weeks was hell for me... i miss her smile the genuine not the fake one she puts on in front of others. I've fucked up and been trying to make it up to her but she's not making it any easier, which drives me insane, but i wouldn't have it any other way with her... I've been stressed out these two weeks trying to figure out when to pop the question and the fighting doesn't help either. Amanda  stirs and she lays herself on her back i grab her hand and rub it morning beautiful did you sleep well? She nods then asks if Lil will run away and i promised her that she will never do that and it was just an argument couples must have arguments otherwise it means they don't care about each other... And honey you know what... she cares and loves you more that you think... This fight is about you... its about how much she cares about you... its about keeping you safe... I was pushing you to see your mother and she was against it... She saw her true intentions and i was blinded by the fact that i wanted to give you your mother back only to realize that you have a mother now... She nods. You think Lilly will mind if i call her mom?? i smile at her. She would love that why don't you ask her tomorrow??

Why not now? she asks. well baby that's Because i have a surprise for her tonight... I look at the door to make sure she's not there. You have to promise me not to ruin the surprise then i will tell you. She smiles brightly. Can i help?? Yeah you have to help i have alot of planning to do so I'm going to need you. What is it Daddy?? I look around again and leaned in. I'm going to ask her to marry me... She silently squeals  and claps her hands and jumps in my arms... I picked her up and we walk to the kitchen for the breakfast i made for us... After that i left the two to go clean themselves up and get dressed while i saddle the horses up and talk to her father and family. asking them for their help... They know because i ask them for permission... They nod and i gave them a list after an half and hour they came back with the stuff i needed they been keeping it safe for me at the ranch house. I walk up to her holding her in my arms. I'm sorry I've been thinking about what you said the whole night... and you are right from now on she's out of the picture for good unless Amanda agrees. We will only mention it if she says no then its no... I don't want to fight over my ex wife when i have a beautiful caring woman in front of me... Forgive me please?? She sighs but nods making me smile and kisses kiss her. I... Will... Never... Not... listen... To... You... Again...

When we stop by the lake we swam a little to cool off after that i pulled her aside and kiss her... I love you so... much i hope you know that... She smiles at me. I love you too... I hug her. When the campsite is all done, i nod at her mom telling her its time to take her away... How long? An hour will be fine... I whisper back... And she and Luke pulls Lilly away supposedly getting wood for our fire, and my heart starts pounding... When they out of sight i clap my hands to get everyone's attention. Okay i have a favor to ask all of you... I'm asking Lilly to marry me in a hour and i need all hands on deck to help me make it possible... Will you please help?? They all smile and nod soon everyone was busy with helping to sort out everything after an hour the place looked perfect and i thanked everyone for their help, we waited few minutes later i hear Lilly complaining about being blind folded and telling her mother that she will not me impressed if this is a prank... When she was standing in front of me. i was for the first time in my life nervous, i walk to the tree and waited for her... Amanda was recording everything saying she's going to post it... She looks around amazed at first... Then looks at the ground where the rose petals lead to me... She follows it till her eyes meet the back drop i chose for this occasion... she have yet to notice me so i cleared my throat, making her look at me, at first there were confusion in her eyes till she looks down to the ring and gasps.