Chapter 15

Mom and dad were waiting for us at the airport. We hop in the truck and drove to Uncle Jackson's ranch, its always nice to see the family. I'm unfortunately the oldest of the bunch but yeah i always had Josie an Lacey but since we became adults they stopped coming due to university... But Emily is here every year so thats good we normally go river rafting or go fish or trail rides, things like that. Then at night time the whole family sits around the fire making s'mors. We even begged dad to take out the speed boat we wanted to try out water-skiing but he said no... In the end at 18 he allowed us... So we been doing that aswel sometimes. We also met few young people and throw a party by the lake every year second week in summer but i havn't joined Emily in 8 years. But i think this year i will join her...

When we arrive on the ranch we tack four horses up and ride to the camp site. dad build me and George a two bedroom cottage, so at least i won't be a screamed awake by youngsters. When we got there everyone surrounded me congratulates me with my success and were faffing around me, making it obvious they know about my divorce. After a while i excuse myself from everyone and walk to my cottage. I lie on my bed thinking about everything... Awhile later a knock on my door broke me from my thoughts, i tell whoever it is to come in. Mom and dad comes in. You okay honey?? Mom asks. Please guys don't do this... I'm fine, I'm just tired... i lied. They gave me a knowing look and i just shrug and look away. You know you can t... No please i don't I'm over it and has been for the last 3 years, i had more than enough time to get over it... you know i just don't like to be the center of attention. I prefer to be on the side lines... And you know that... So just stop babysitting me I'm 28 years old and i can look after myself been doing that for 10 years now... Dad scoffs. Well you didn't do a nice job about what happened did you... we had to sort it out for you? My dad says. I look at him glaring my eyes at him. My mom gasped. Bryan how could you say that!!! He realizes what he's said and i lift my hand stopping him, i get it that I'm a burden... taking my back pack that i packed for me and Emily's out ride we normally camp out for a night. I put it on my back and walked out. Where are you going? dad asks. Out... Don't follow me, i wan't to be alone... I yell out in a harsh tone.

I tacked my horse up and took ap sleeping bag that was roled up around a tent bag i set it behind my saddle and tie it up. I got on. hearing my parents having a fight. Did you have to do that!! I'm sorry i didn't mean for it to come out like that... Yes but you need to lighten up Bryan, she's obviously in pain and you making it worse b... Is all i hear till they stop when they see me gallop past them i look at him and give him a glare then ride off. With him calling my name saying he was sorry. An hour later i stop and walk for a little longer it was dark by now and i have no idea where i am all i know is i jumped some fences in the woods and was now completely lost i came to a clearing deciding to stop here for the night, and try again tomorrow. i stop the horse near a big log and take the sleeping bag off the horse and untie it i made the tent and used the flash light to get Some fire wood.

Once everything is ready i light the fire to start organizing the sleeping area where the tent is up and sleeping bag is up inside. I get my small pot i have in the bag and throw little bit of bake beans and some bacon, tomatoes and onions in along with some peppers. I put it on the fire and took some water out throws it in a smaller pot for a cup of hot chocolate. There was a little stream close by, i will take Boomer there later after i have eaten, i put Boomers bridle on and hop on him and we strolled to the water. I took my clothes off leaving only my underwear and swam around for a bit i was still floating when i heard a horse neigh. And i here him come in the water, splashing me... Boomer we will head back a little later i need sometime here... The water is helping me relax... Well the name ain't boomer but hello the name is Rodie, now my question is what the hell are you doing on my lands?? I squeak out loud. I lower my body in the water to hide myself from the stranger. Uh... Uhm Can you please turn around... Why? Uh coz I'm in my underwear... Well your the stranger I'm not turning my back to you, so you can knock me out and kill me... He says.