𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐒

Start from the beginning

aurora stood up from her seat, "wake up. wake up. please wake up, rori."

it seemed like everything had froze once those words left her mouth, the hastings girl thinking that it was working. but then her mother turned around to face her, her head engulfed in flames. aurora's heart dropped as she watched her mother start to walk towards her, the teen wolf quickly running towards the front door. she pulled on it but it wouldn't budge.

"oh, cub." rebecca's cynical voice called as she crept closer.

"wake up." aurora started mumbling to herself, screwing her eyes shut as she covered her ears with her hands. "wake up. it's just a nightmare. wake up. wake up." she repeated, feeling the heat that was radiating off of her mother get closer and closer. "wake up, rori. wake up. WAKE UP!"

aurora gasped for breath as her eyes shot open, feeling someone's arms wrapped around her. she tried to escape their hold, tears trailing down her cheeks as continued to breathe heavily.

"hey! it's me, rori! it's isaac!" said boy yelled as he tried to contain her thrashing, pulling her closer to him.

"n - no! let go!" aurora yelled. "let go of me!"

"rori, it's okay!"

"no! no!"

max quickly entered the room, his face full of concern as he ran to the bed. he scooped aurora out of isaac's arms, pulling her towards him as he whispered smooth nothings into her ears. he felt the hastings girl grab onto his shirt, continuing to tell her she was okay as he rubbed her back. aurora started to sob, the sudden pull back to reality hitting her.

"it's okay, rori. you're okay." max soothed, bringing one of his hands up to her head. "it was just a nightmare. you're okay."

isaac sat on the bed, watching the two in worry. this was the 3 nightmare she had this week, and it's only monday. he started to remember what deaton had told them that night that aurora, scott, and stiles had sacrificed themselves. was this the side effects from the darkness being in their hearts? was aurora the only one who was going through this?

max had looked at isaac, seeing the concern on his face. he gestured for the lahey boy to join them. the beta wolf awkwardly joined the hug as aurora started to calm down.

➶︎ ☠︎ 𓃦 ☠︎ ➶︎

after aurora's nightmare, and a lot of assurance that she was okay, max had went back into his room to go back to sleep. isaac on the other hand, had sprawled himself out on the floor of her room. she wasn't able to go back to sleep though, the image of her mother being on fire appearing every time she closed her eyes for more than a second.

but now, the sun was up and the birds were chirping. aurora and isaac was getting ready for school while max was standing in the kitchen, drinking a cup of coffee. he didn't have work today, which both aurora and isaac appreciated since he overworked himself.

"any of you want coffee?" he questioned, gesturing to the coffee pot.

"i don't think coffee works for us." isaac said, looking at aurora for confirmation. "since we're werewolves and all."

"yeah, sadly it doesn't." aurora confirmed.

"well, more for me." max smiled, grabbing the coffee pot before he poured himself some more. "you guys better get going before you're late."

"sir, yes, sir." aurora saluted as she grabbed her bag from the floor. "it's your day off, so take it easy, okay?"

"yes, ma'am." max nodded, taking a sip from his mug. "love you, guys!"