Shot

All you can do is stare as you watch Langdon's body slump to the ground, blood spilling out of his forehead.

Everyone seems too stunned to speak.

It couldn't be that easy.

Could it?

You watch as the red liquid rolls down Micheal's cheeks like bloody tears.

You feel mostly shaken by his sudden death but didn't expect to feel any sadness yet a minuscule slither seemed to creep into your system.

It made your head hurt just thinking that you actually didn't mind hanging around with the antichrist, however bad his conversation skills were.

The antichrist was gone.

You were all safe.

Maybe after all evil did prevail.

I mean, Maddison was pretty evil right?

You tear your eyes away from the limp corpse but quickly turn back when you hear Coco squeal.

"It moved!!" She says, her blood covered, sick covered dress swaying as she backed away.

Micheal's arm jerks awkwardly and you feel a mixture of hope and fear as you feel your own arm being grabbed.

You gasp in shock before realising it was just Myrtle.

"Y/n," Myrtle says, "You need to come with me, Cordelia and Mallory."

She tugs your hand, dragging you away from Coco, Maddison, Marie  and the antichrist.

Maddison looked frustrated that she was on body-sitting duty but you reassured yourself thinking she had the gun for protection at least.

Just before you left the room, you made eye contact with the voodoo queen.

Marie gave you a look that simply said:

You've got this.

Myrtle leads you across the empty hallways, with Mallory and Cordelia trailing behind you.

You had always liked Mallory so when you looked behind to see her shaking with nerves, the least you could do was smile and give her a few words of reassurance.

But after you'd said all the 'It's going to be fine' 'We'll protect you.' or even the 'He's one man and we're basically a fucking legion.' you soon became to realise that you had no idea what you were doing.

"Where are we going?" You ask Myrtle who seems to be flinging open doors looking for something.

"The bathroom."

Awkward time to go piss You thought.

Mallory smiles, she must've heard your comment.

"No y/n," Myrtle says, seeming annoyed. She must've heard too. "It's for Tempus Infinituum."

Your eyes widen, remembering how you'd time traveled before, it was one of your thirteen wonders.

"Yes, that's right," Myrtle adds dramatically pushing open another door, "Time Travel."

You feel yourself zoning out as Myrtle continues on her quest for the bathroom, remembering how you ended up in 1984 being stalked by one of the most notorious killers alive at the time.

You were so lost in your newfound memories that you didn't notice a crazed looking man flying out of a closet at the side of the corridor.

You were so lost that you didn't notice the blade hitting Mallory in the chest.

You were so lost that you didn't notice her screams until it was too late.

Mallory.

You couldn't let her die.