Ms Mead

The Outpost didn't look like much from the outside.

It looked more or less like one of those weird sculptures you see outside universities or in the middle of roundabouts.

It was a metal spiral that looked so utterly and completely random.

But, you soon found it was a great way of disguising the entrance because even you found it hard to find the door.

You fight with your heavy suitcase as you drag it down the steps and into what looked like a decontamination chamber.

You wished you had a servant here to help you, it was so stupid.

You stood in an empty white room with tons of switches and levers, it even had a couple of doors to it.

Suddenly, more people in hazmat suits come in to hose you down and decontaminate you.

The tall figures seem to lurch over you with menacing looking tools.

The world had ended and this was what life had come to.

You are so overwhelmed by everything that you found yourself fighting for your consciousness.

Soon enough, a stout looking woman came in with a buzzer that began to flash.

"Green, you're clear." She says without any emotion.

You cry out as you are shoved out of the decontamination chamber and down some old damp wooden steps.

You complain as you are forced underground and eventually, the stairs come to a halt and you find yourself in what looked almost like a school.

You feel a strange nausea build inside of you.

You hope it wasn't anything toxic.

The stout woman appears from behind you, swiftly gripping your arm and dragging you along the corridor.

The hallways were lit by candles which was understandable considering how the power must've gone with the rest of the world.

"Where the hell are we going?" You say, lashing out and ripping your arm from the woman's clutches, "Who are you?"

You rub your arm as you automatically fish around in your pockets for your phone to call your insurance man but withdraw it realising it wouldn't work.

It was pretty much broken, just like the earth.

You obviously couldn't care less, the world had never been good to you.

I mean, you were going to miss breakfast in bed, having servants for your every task and free concert tickets but it wasn't like you were heartbroken.

"I am Ms Mead." The stout woman says.

"That's a strange name, are you an alcoholic?" You ask, smirking.

The woman glares at you but you don't notice.

"Where is my suitcase?" You question, demanding for it to be brought to you.

"Currently getting decontaminated miss" Ms Mead answers.

"Mistress." You correct her.

It seemed this Ms Mead had a permanent glare of disapproval plastered onto her face.

"What seems to be the problem?" You ask sarcastically, meeting her gaze.

You didn't know why you were standing still at the moment.

Judging by the size of this place there would be so much to discover.

"We are just waiting for-" Ms Mead begins but is interrupted by a tall woman gliding into view.

"Wilhemina Venable." Her smooth voice announces.