Crazy

The next week went quite quickly.

Everyone was racing to get a place in the new sanctuary and were stressing out whether they were worthy enough or something like that.

You knew you were worthy so you didn't question whether you were going to get in.

You would.

100%.

Dinner had become strangely quiet, everyone did more staring at Langdon than eating or talking.

"Is it always going to be this quiet guys?" You finally snap, after days of this shit.

"What?" Coco says, taking her eyes of Langdon.

"You're all too preoccupied about getting in over actually enjoying yourself?" You raise your eyebrows.

For a moment, you were sure you heard Langdon smirk.

"I'm sorry miss perfect, does it look like there is anything to enjoy here?" Dinah says.

You were sure Evie would have a comment on that but she hadn't turned up for dinner since Langdon came.

You were sure you saw her in her grandson's room the other day, but she looked limp and unmoving.

Something was happening with Mr Gallant, you weren't sure what it was but he always seems to be daydreaming.

The other day you thought you saw him with- well you thought you were going crazy so your thoughts didn't bother you- but you thought you saw him with you don't know how to explain it...

A rubber man?

It reminded you of a TV show you'd watched about a haunted house where a ghost falls in love with the girl who's just moved in.

It was a good tv show and was based on a true story.

Either way, you hoped Evie and Malcom were alright but also didn't because it meant more food for you.

At least the snake was still going strong.

I mean, it tasted slippery and it was chewy but you had enough to last you three more days before it'd be back to the cube.

"Do you not want to go to the sanctuary y/n?" Micheal asks, sipping his goblet with a grin, getting back to the conversation.

"I would if it were real." You say, shooting a sarcastic glare at the man.

The others look taken aback by your honesty and shocked by your confidence.

"Oh, I can assure you," Micheal pauses, wiping his mouth, "It is real. Why would I lie?"

"Reasons.." You say, confidently looking away even though you had no idea why he would lie.

It was just one of those things you knew and couldn't explain why.

"Well, I would like to hear those reasons in your evaluation missie." Micheal says, his self assurance almost mocking yours.

"Speaking of evaluation, when will we get ours?" One of the Greys pipes up quickly.

"After Miss Y/l/n, she is the last of the purples." Langdon informs the Grey before it skittered away, tending to the plates.

You watched as they all muttered excitedly with the chance of freedom.

It was adorable.

At the end of the meal, just as you were about to walk out you felt a sharp prod on your shoulder.

"Y/n, I'd like to see you in my office in five minutes." Langdon says, "Don't be late."

As he walked away, you noticed the glint in his eyes and you wondered if he knew something that you didn't.

Okay but this text to speech thing is making me feel like I'm famous somehow