Perimeter Breach

Everyone waited anxiously as you sat in the sitting room after being instructed to not do anything because apparently you all rushing around panicking or even preparing to fight wasn't going to change the fact you were about to die.

Or at least that's what you thought they meant when Ms Venable yelled, not finishing her sentence as she rushed to see what was going on.

Suddenly, you hear the sound of gunshots.

Two of them.

"We're doomed." Coco says, "I bet it's some zombies coming to get us."

She looked very flustered and kept asking Mallory, a Grey, to help her breathe or something like that.

You agreed with Coco that you were doomed, but not so much about the zombie part.

You guessed it was a bunch of survivors, affected by the radiation and driven insane over the solitude of the world.

You hear a thudding noise and everyone flinches.

Well, if you were going to die, you were going to listen to one last record.

You had brought them down the other day, the others had been appalled at your music taste but you knew it was good, regardless of what they said.

I mean, who doesn't like at least one song by the Neighbourhood, Oasis or even the Stone Roses?

Andre apparently.

Anyway, you flick on your favourite vinyl, listening as it crackles into sound.

"Seriously y/n." Andre says, grumpily.

"What, I've got to listen to one thing for the last time. Might as well be this instead of screams of pain or something." You say, agitated by his lack of appreciation for an absolute banger.

Suddenly, the alarms go off and you hear footsteps.

No one else seemed to look or notice but you watched as Ms Venable seemed to lead a young man with long hair across the hallway outside the sitting room.

"Good song, I'm impressed." You hear the stranger say, confidently walking past the doorway.

It seemed only you, Emily and Dinah saw the man, but it was as if you could never forget those eyes.

The very sight of him sent chills down your spine, and not in a good way.

He was a scary man, and that was before you'd had a conversation with him.

"Did you see that?" Emily asks, eyes wide.

"What?" Coco replies.

"I think I've seen our perimeter breach." Dinah explains to the group, "A man with long blonde hair just walked across the hallway with Venable,"

"Ooo was he hot?" Coco asks, looking mischievous.

"Seriously Coco?" You say, rolling your eyes.

"I think he might be here to save us." Dinah suggests, a slight smile appearing on her face.

Excitement filled her voice and you sensed the whole rooms mood changing.

You were smart enough not to get hopeful.

That never ended well in the apocalypse.

In fact, it was more likely he'd be here to kill you than anything else.

At this point, you'd gladly except death.

Anything was better than this torture.

I'm kinda depressed that my friends went to a Halloween party without me so I'm just dying inside but at least you guys got another chapter so yeah.