Stalker

You freeze, completely unable to move as you hear the familiar clip-clop noise of footsteps now inside your room.

A machine-like whir echos around the room as you hear your blood pumping through your system.

This makes you contemplate whether Meade was or wasn't actually a machine.

Either way, you were threatened by her standing oddly still as she twisted her arm out of view.

"Strange, I thought she was in here." Micheal says in a poised manner.

You watch Micheal's boots trek across the room towards the wardrobe.

The floor was stone cold and you regret hiding there as you begin to ache.

You listened to the familiar creaking of the closet door opening.

"I thought she was to be supplied with blue dresses with her being the omnipotent one and everything..." Micheal says, clearly admiring the contents of your wardrobe, "The outpost clearly hasn't been running as swiftly as originally promised. First the made up rules and now this."

Silence gripped the room for a crucial thirty or so seconds.

"Did you have a hand in this?" Micheal asks Meade.

"Venable." Ms Meade replies in a single word before elaborating, "She was jealous and didn't want y/n to know that she was special. We messed around wearing everyone's posh clothes but Venable has y/n's nice one locked away. Protected. Her favourite."

You watch the robot stammer over it's last words as notice Micheal's stance changing slightly.

Something told you that the robot wasn't working properly.

"Hmm." Micheal thinks aloud, closing the cupboard door.

You gaze across the floor as Micheal moves towards your stuff.

Stalker much.

You consider that he might be looking for any evidence that you've been in contact with the witches or something.

Or if you were plotting something and had hidden ingredients for a potion or something.

Maybe he was looking to see if you'd figured out time travel.

You almost laugh.

He had thought too much of you.

You hadn't remembered anything.

The only thing you remembered besides pyrokenisis was transmutation.

And in the long run, it wasn't particularly useful considering there was nowhere to teleport to besides the inside of the academy.

Still, it was a step right?

You contemplate transmutating your way out of here but you kind of wanted to see what Micheal was going to do next.

To your relief and dismay, you heard the man sigh and begin to walk out the room.

Meade shifting along in his wake.

When you were sure he had completely left the room and was completely out of earshot, you roll out from under the bed.

You let out a breath of relief as you relax and lay on the floor for a bit.

You might as well make the most of your last couple of minutes being alive.

Thinking about that, an idea comes to your mind...