Chapter 1 Day One

Third person's pov

Meera stood in front of a huge mansion like his home back in NYC, surrounded by a vast ocean from all directions. Looking around she takes in the beauty feeling bewitched. It felt out of the world. The beach, the glass walls, and the windows covered the mansion in the middle of a forest, hill, and ocean. She was speechless by the heaven around her. But one thing was odd there is no one other than both of them in her line of vision or it felt like nobody lives there. Confused, she turns to Elijah who was standing behind her with his hands in pockets smiling lazily. She raises one brow in question thinking about what's so funny in this situation. But who would tell her that her forced husband is waiting for her to go off which he knows will happen once she asks him about no civilization on his private island. Oh, he definitely would capture the moment in his camera safely tucked in his jeans pocket.

"Why is nobody here? Did something happen?"

asks Meera frowning. Removing his hands from the pockets he strolls towards her who watches him carefully. Standing in front of her who looked puzzled, he snaked his arms around her waist, lowering his face to her level. He said with smugness dripping in his voice,

"It's only you and I on my private island, my doe"

With widened eyes, she feels her mouth open several times but nothing comes out. Her heart races, stomach tightens, blood rushes in her veins, and the anger she bottled up until now feels like exploding any minute like a volcano. How dare he do this to me bringing me to an abandoned island! Clearly, he wanted to irk me, she thought. Smirking he kissed the tip of her nose and that was it for her. Pushing him with all her might she yelled at him from the top of her lungs,

"You imbecile! How dare you, it wasn't enough for you to marry me forcefully, blackmail me, snatching every happiness from my life that you brought me here with only us present! How could you be so heartless what did I ever do to you? Tell me! Tell me what was my fault to get this in my fate, to get an evil, cruel monster as my forced husband? "

She didn't know when she grabbed the collar of his polo shirt and harshly pulled him to her face back and forth at the end in rage. A deafening silence fell on both of them with her scowling at him, tears in her eyes, and him looking at her blankly, silently listening. Her hand tightened more, and with one final push, she jerked him back releasing her grip on his collar. While shaking her head she snarled,

"What else to expect from a shady man who has pledged to make my life a living hell. But just so you know by marrying me you only owned me on papers but not by heart and soul which will never love you, I hate you! I hate you!!!!!!! "

After shouting in his face she marched straight to the mansion her back taut with tension. Elijah looked at her back, sighing as he removed the sunglasses from his eyes. Taking a deep breath he tried to control his anger threatening to surface because of her disrespect. He didn't want to spoil their honeymoon which he wanted to enjoy thoroughly but his doe was making it difficult from the very beginning. But he is not the 'Elijah Mancini' for nothing. He knows how to tame the wilds and surely his doe was no different. He didn't understand why his heart sank at her words though. Nothing affected him. And she was just his possession nothing else. Riding the useless feeling he followed her inside the mansion.

The inside of the mansion was as beautiful as any exotic beach house. The glass walls offered great views from different sides of the ocean and forest. The lavish and intricate interiors were jaw-droppingly gorgeous. She sighed. If not for the situation she was in, this place would have been heaven for her, but right now it felt like hell with its devil who followed her inside. Huffing, she marched to the staircase, going upstairs, Elijah right behind her.