16.Serendipity

Jungkook's POV

I felt a heaviness on my chest as I slowly opened my eyes, only to find Jimin sleeping beside me, snuggled up tightly. A smile formed on my lips as I looked at him, overwhelmed by his presence. I leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on his crown, attempting to push him away, but he only clung to me even more tightly.

"I wish you were always this clingy, Jimin," I thought to myself. After a while, I mustered the strength to move him and cover him with a blanket before heading to my office.

Tae's POV

As I was getting ready for my day at the office, my phone rang, and I picked up the call.

"Hyung..." I exclaimed in surprise, realizing it was my brother, Namjoon.

"Is everything okay, Tae?" he asked out of nowhere, concern evident in his voice.

"Yes, Hyung. Why?" I replied, confused by his sudden inquiry.

"Today, Jungkook called me to arrange a divorce papers," he revealed, dropping a bombshell on me.

I was stunned, not expecting this turn of events. "Wait... What? Divorce papers?" I asked, struggling to comprehend.

"Yes. He also asked me to transfer half of his funds to Jimin. I've already started the process," he stated matter-of-factly.

Anger welled up inside me. "Hyung, I'll talk to Jungkook. Thank you for letting me know," I said before ending the call and making my way to the office.

"Yeah, Jeon, what the hell is going on?" I confronted him as he sat in a chair, looking utterly hopeless. "Jungkook..."

He stared at the ceiling, tears streaming down his face, a complete mess. My heart shattered seeing my best friend in such a state.

He looked at me, a mixture of emotions in his eyes. I walked over and enveloped him in a tight hug, my arms encircling him.

"What happened, Jungkook? Are you okay? What's going on?" I asked, genuine concern lacing my words as I held him.

"Tae... I'm not okay," he choked out between sobs.

"Cry it out... I'm here. Everything will be alright," I assured him, allowing him to release his pent-up emotions. He cried for a while before we broke the hug.

"Come on, let's go out," I suggested, guiding him as we left the room. We headed to our usual hangout spot, hoping a change of scenery would bring some solace.

Jimin's POV

"Jimin, did you two kiss? Oh my, who made the first move?" Hobi hyung bombarded me with questions, making me blush.

"Have you confessed your love yet?" he continued, his curiosity evident.

"Hyung, he used to tease me a lot, so I haven't confessed yet. I'm planning to propose to him today after my performance," I confessed, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

"Oh, how cheesy!" Hobi hyung remarked, playfully teasing me.

"Hyung, help me with the plan. Should I invite Tae as well?" I asked, seeking his advice.