After I thank her she drive off to her next destination and I drag my wheelie to the front door of the house and ring the doorbell. In instance the door opens and my mother came into my view, she's quite dressed up, curled hair and has makeup on in this early morning.

Guess she also hasn't changed much, she's still a morning person and has the upright tendencies to look presentable in this early in the morning. Or maybe the excitement of her wedding making her the controlling person she was in the past just kicked into her again.

"You finally got here Theresa," she squeals and taking steps, she hugs me not as motherly hug like Karen but it was a comforting hug- as a family who share same blood hug to me. Backing away from the embrace she drags my bag inside the house, "Come in. You want some coffee, I've made some?" She asks.

"I...sure," I tell. I was going to decline her because I don't want anything other than a good sleep but her cheerful mood made me want to have couple of minutes with her before I go to bed.

Stepping inside my childhood house the waves of cinnamon sent from the burner fills my nostril, which my mother loves it, I like its smell too and I've missed it. She puts my bag in the living beside the couch before going into the kitchen, to get me some coffee I guess.

Looking around the house it's same as well everything is clean, perfectly organized and decorated nicely the way Carol Young likes it. After living in the small apartment of New York this house once I felt was small is now actually looking big in my vision. I follow my mother into the kitchen and sit down on the small table with my elbows on it.

"Here," she places the steamy mug in front of me and sits down as well on the chair across me. "How was the fight?"

"Good actually," I tell after sipping and gulpping down the hot black liquid which soothe my throat. "So is everything ready for the upcoming event of your life?" I ask her and look up through my dreamy eyes at her, I want sleep right now or I'll pass out drinking coffee, which isn't doing his job to keep me awake apparently.

"Everything is set just few chores to do at the church decor and see through the checklist of few items." She answers through her painted lips and looks down at her steamy mug.

"I could help you if you want." I offer.

"I wanted your help a week ago, preparing everything with me together but you didn't come and I had to do alone, obviously David helped me but I was alone and I wanted my daughter's help at some points," Her face turns into the sudden sad look instead of happy across her face and I feel guilty that I wasn't here to help her when she needed.

"I'm sorry," I say in a low voice. It's not like I didn't want to plan and help her with the wedding together, it was just my work and studies I had to finish so I could enjoy her lovely moments without any distractions. And a week ago I was very angry and upset with someone so I thought it'd be better if I cool myself down before coming here and ruin things for my mother. For her sake I didn't arrived here early which now she's making a sad deal about it.

"It's okay and I get that you were busy with your school and work stuff so I'll let go that but thanks for offering Theresa," And now she's giving me a fake understanding smile.

Great, now I'm the worst daughter.

"Well Mrs. Poter will help me as she promised me with them, so don't worry about it and you just take this day off and get some rest. You had a long flight." And here she's again a loving person after nailing the guilt on me. Classic Carol Charater.

"Oh that's nice." I tell and scoff under my breathe so she can't hear.

"Yeah, she's just a little bit upset with Noah isn't coming at the wedding. He has his college going but he'll come at Christmas so not now I guess...." Her voice is low at the end like she's more sad that Noah won't be attending the wedding than me not coming soon. That's weird to me.

Noah was the sweetest person to my mother, they were so closed to eachother more than my mother and I were and he understood my mother more than I ever did, so that's a surprised to me that he wouldn't be coming. I won't be weird out if she invites him over me in any event of her life because they shared a really good bond in regard of my mother and I.

"How many people are coming?" I change the subject.

"Not much just few of David and my friends and as family member our daughters only cause we both don't have any other members or parents left." She informs. "Is Landon's family are still coming with his fiancee included, right?" She asks with a tone of humbleness and care for them.

"Yeah, there are and Nora too." I tell, smiling, then it suddenly hit me that I haven't told about Robert is coming too. Hope she didn't gave me an earful not talking to her first, so I open my mouth again, "And also one of my friend is coming too sorry I didn't tell you first before giving him the invitation." I apologize and hide my face behind the mug to get ready for her outburst.
But nothing came.

"Who? Is it him?" Her voice is calm and I knew it who she was referring to him.

"No!" I quickly says, slightly raising my voice. "It's just a friend from work, remember I told about Robert?" I question. I bet she won't remember my friend names even though I would've spoke something about them to her hundreds of times. And I was right when she said...

"Did you? I can't remember," her short-term mind answers me. If my mother knows my friend names then they'd be really special to her and if not then you aren't anything to her, like she do remember Landon's name who's my bestfriend and also his name too unforgettably but not any other names.

"The guy from the beach house restaurant where we had a trip with David and Heather," I try to push her into the memory lane of that trip.

"Oh," she nods. "Is something going on between the two of you?" She pry.

"No no, it's complicated," I shake my head. Is something going on between us? I don't know but I'm not telling her anything cause I'm not even sure.

"I wouldn't be shock if you had invite Hardin instead of anyone else," she blurts his name catching me off guard almost spill my coffee over her clean-polished wood table.

"Why?"

"You rebelled against me for him so I've had thought you would be showing up with him instead one of your other friend," she explains.

"He's just busy with work, so I didn't talk to him." I give her the simplest excuse which she takes it by nodding at me. "Now I should go and get some rest."

Before anything she say I stand up from the table and saunter into the living room taking my bag, I drag it and go into my room. Changing myself into my pyjamas real quick I plop down on my small bed, head on the pillow I close my eyes.

Oh hell. I have to text Robert about the location and timings.
It would be awkward if he came, I shouldn't have invited him in the first place, that's was a big mistake.

I'll text him later, first I just need some sleep...

{Please vote ⭐ and comment (✿ ♡‿♡) }