Chapter 24

A few weeks passed and sometimes I had talked to Thomas. 
I didn't remember the exact reason why Sherlock made me break up with him.
But he was so nice and sweet with me.
Even Noah liked him. 
When Sebastian wasn't home, he came over for tea and a talk. 
A couple of times we had also gone out for a walk. 
But I couldn't understand why Sebastian had something against him.
I felt that my life was having a sense again. 
One evening, right after Mycroft left my flat, John called me.
-Hey John. Good evening.- I said, putting on speakerphone, while I was cooking dinner and Seb was playing with Noah. 
-Hey y/n...I need to tell you something...- he said, sighing. 
-What's wrong?- I asked, cutting some carrots. 
-I just talked to your brother...- he said.
"Why would Mycroft talk to John?" I asked myself "He literally just left." 
-Oh, alright. What did he tell you?- I asked. 
-You knew about it?- he asked me.
-Knew what?- I asked, confused. 
-The situation.- 
-Can you be more specific please?- I asked, more confused than before.
-I was waiting for Mary at the restaurant, because I wanted to propose her, you know?- 
-Mhmh.- I nodded, although I knew that couldn't see me.
-And then your brother showed up.- he said. 
-It's impossible, John. Don't fool me. Mycroft just left my flat.- I said. 
-I'm...I'm not talking about Mycroft, y/n...- he said and I heard Sebastian gasping loudly. 
-What?!- I asked shocked, feeling a sharp pain in my hand, I looked down my hand and it was bleeding -What do you mean you're...you're not talking about Mycroft?- I asked under my breath.
-I was talking about your brother Sherlock, y/n.- he said.
-John, he's dead. We saw him jumping...and Molly examined his body.- I said, washing the wound. 
-You didn't know he was alive?- he asked me. 
-He isn't alive, John. We already talked about it.- I let out a sigh. 
-But he is, y/n. Why would I be lying to you?- he asked. 
-John...please stop...if it's a joke, it's not funny...- I said, closing my eyes and remembering that scene. 
-It's not a joke, I swear. Can we come over?- he asked. 
I looked over at Sebastian who has blank eyes, he just nodded.
-Yeah. We are here.- I simply said. 
-Alright then. See you in a few minutes.- he said, ending the call.
I sat down, feeling my head spinning. 
-Do you think it's a joke?- Seb asked, approaching me.
-I don't know anymore. John would never joke about something like this. But I saw him jumping.- I said and he hugged me. 
-Let's just wait and see.- he said, stroking my back. 
After a few minutes I heard knocking at the door. 
-It's me John.- he said. 
I was sitting on the sofa, with Noah sitting on my lap.
I nodded at Sebastian who went to open the door, as I brought Noah, who was sleeping, in the other room. 
John and Mary walked in, followed by a third figure. 
I really couldn't believe it was him. 
His dark curly hair, his icy eyes, his black coat. 
It was him. 
With some bruises too. 
I felt a knot in my throat. 
I slowly walked to him. 
-Sister dear.- he smiled.
Without hesitation, I slapped him the hardest I could across his face, hurting myself because of his cheekbones, although I wanted to hug him so badly. 
-I thought you were dead, you asshole! We all thought you were! Could you even imagine how we felt these two years without you?! Probably you didn't because you are a narcissist man, that's why! Me and John went through a living hell because of you! Can you imagine our psychology session?! I'm so angry right now!- I said, taking a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. 
-I know and I'm sorry about it. I really am. I just thought that the information that I was alive could just slip from your or John's mouth. I really wanted to protect you.- he said, with some sadness in his eyes. 
-Who knew you were alive?- I asked him.
-Just a few peop...- 
-Who?!- I almost yelled at him.
-Mycroft, our parents, Molly and some people who work for me.- he whispered. 
-You told Molly but not me? Are you serious?- I asked angrily at him. 
-I said I was sorry. She had to be involved because she had to confirm my death.- he explained. 
-Go out. I don't want to see you now.- I said, looking away. 
-But y/n...- he said softly. 
-No. Go out. Just go.- I said, sitting on the sofa. 
-Yeah, okay. I deserve it. I just want to let you know that...I missed you.- he smiled sadly at me -And I heard your speech. I love you too, dear sister.- he said walking out. 
I covered my face with my hands. 
-Hey y/n...are you okay?- Mary asked, sitting next to me. 
-Yeah...I...I'm not.- I bursted in tears, as she hugged me. 
-It's okay, honey. It's okay.- she reassured me, stroking my hair. 
A few minutes later Mary and John went home and I still wasn't over the situation. 
-Hey y/n/n.- Sebastian said, approaching me with a steamy cup. 
-Thanks Sebby.- I smiled sadly. 
-I know something is troubling you. Wanna talk about it?- he asked. 
-I...I really wanted to have Sherlock back, now that I have him back, I'm mad at him but I really missed him. I had to fight against the urge to hug him.- I explained. 
-Damn, you girls are really complicated to understand.- he giggled a little -But yeah, I totally understand what you mean.- 
-I'm glad you're here. Thanks.- I smiled at him.
-You're welcome. You should go to rest. I'll stay up a little more, just in case Noah wakes up.- he said.
-Thank you again. Goodnight.- I hugged him.
-Goodnight y/n/n.- he said, then I went to sleep.