Chapter 14

-I hope you weren't too bored at home, with Sebastian.- he said, adjusting his red tie.
-No, it was okay. He showed me the whole Manor. It's enormous.- I said, looking out the car window.
-You find the clothes in your wardrobe comfortable?- he asked.
-Yeah, they're perfect. Thanks.-
I can't lie, I enjoyed all this attention and he, despite being a psychopath, was quite fascinating and mysterious.
"But why me?" I wondered, adjusting the coat on my shoulders.
-We arrived, Boss.- the chauffeur announced, stopping the car.
-Here we are, dear.- he said, going out of the car, opening the car door for me, offering his arm.
I immediately thought of the first time we met.
Was he still that gentleman that I danced with?
Or was he a complete psychopath?
I accepted his arm and we entered the restaurant arm in arm.
When I read the name of the restaurant, I almost had a heart attack.
It was the most expensive restaurant in all of London.
All the people there were well dressed and they all looked like snobs.
I really felt that this wasn't my place.
Expensive cutlery, plates, food, candelabras.
I honestly thought that I could ever step in there.
But there I was, accompanied by the Napoleon of crime.
Moriarty quickly greeted some people before a waiter walked to us.
-Good evening Mr Moriarty, Mrs Moriarty.- the man said, smiling at us.
-I'm no...- I tried to talk but Moriarty stopped me.
-Good evening. I reserved a table for two.- he said -At the usual place.- he added.
-Uhm...yes, yes. Very well. This way.- the waiter said, checking the reservations.
We followed him between some tables before walking through the door.
We walked in a fairly big room with just one fully set table.
-I'll come back in a few minutes to take your orders.- the man said, walking out.
Moriarty pulled my chair, so I could sit, then approached it to the table, and took my coat off, like a true gentleman.
-Thanks.- I blushed at those old fashioned gestures.
-You're welcome, dear.- he said, sitting in front of me.
The atmosphere was romantic.
Too romantic, in my opinion.
There were candles on the table, soft music in the background, the light wasn't too strong.
"It's been years since I hadn't a proper date." I thought looking around "Put yourself together y/n. This isn't a date. He is dangerous." I remember to myself.
I picked up the menu and started to read the dishes.
They were all too expensive.
-Damn...- I said, under my breath.
-Any problem?- he said, raising his gaze.
-No, no...it's just...- I stammered, embarrassed.
-You don't have to worry about the prizes. Just order what you want.- he smiled.
-I think I'll take a Kobe beef steak, with some mixed salad.- I decided.
-That's a good choice. You know what? I'll take the same, dear.- he said, putting down the menu -Anything else?-
-Maybe some baked potatoes?- I asked.
-Absolutely. And for dessert?- he asked.
-I decided on the dinner, you chose the dessert.- I smiled.
-What do you think about Banoffee pie?- he asked.
-Sounds good.- I said.
-To drink some champagne, is okay for you?-
-Mhmh.- I nodded.
One moment after, the waiter walked in.
-Are you ready to order?- he asked, with note block and pen in hand.
-Yes. Two Kobe beef steaks, with mixed salad, baked potatoes. Champagne. And for dessert two pieces of Banoffee pie.- Moriarty said, handing him the menus, as the man wrote on his note block, after he had done he took the menus.
-Okay, I'll take them as fast as I can.- he said, walking out.
-Why did you bring me here?- I asked, after a few minutes of silence -Why this room, far from anyone?-
-Because I don't want to keep you as a prisoner. I usually come here to eat, because this room is silent and no-one bothers me. I thought you might like it.- he shrugged.
-Why me?- I asked, curious.
-I don't know...- he answered after thinking a bit -I guess I wanted to get Sherlock's attention and when I saw you, I thought you were the perfect thing for getting it. But when you arrived at the Manor I understood that I wouldn't be able to treat you like I wanted to, in a bad way.- he said, putting his hand on mine.
At that moment the door opened, and the waiter walked in, with trays in his hands.
We took off our hands, embarrassed, as he put down the trays, then he left.
We started eating and chatting a little.
The champagne helped us to break the ice.
To be completely honest, I enjoyed spending time with him.
He was funny, smart, cute, caring and mysterious.
"He isn't that bad." I thought, as we walked out of the restaurant, when we finished the dinner.
We sat in the car and we came back to the Manor.
-I enjoyed this evening.- I said when we reached my room.
-It was quite some time that I didn't have dinner with someone.- he said.
-Well...goodnight Jim.- I said entering the room.
-Goodnight.- he said as I closed the door.
I sat down on the bed, sighing dreamily.
After summoning all my will, I went to the bathroom and washed all the makeup away, then I changed myself.
When I laid down, my phone rang.
Molly Hooper.
-Hey Molly. What's up?- I said, picking up the phone.
-"What's up?" Seriously? The most dangerous man in London kidnapped you and you say "What's up?"- Molly's voice said.
-Well technically I came here voluntarily.- I said biting my lower lip.
-Yeah, John and Sherlock explained to me the situation. Anyway, how are you?- she asked.
-I'm okay.- I answered, laying in a comfortable position.
-That's it? Nothing? C'mon tell me more. How's he?- she asked, excited.
I started telling her what had happened since I arrived, until a few hours ago.
-So I had just changed myself when you called.- I said.
-I'm glad to hear that he didn't hurt you.- he sighed in relief.
-Yeah...- I yawned.
-I'm gonna let you sleep. You need it. Anyway whatever happen don't hesitate to text or call me.-
-Okay, thank you Molly.- I smiled.
-You're welcome and be safe.-
-I'll try, bye.-
-Bye y/n.- she said and I hung up.