"that'll be 5,90" i smile, sliding the black coffee over the green counter. the cafe was very busy today, which isn't really a shock. most people love this place because of its forestry vibe. and of course the cats. which is also apart of the reason i wanted to work here. cat cafes are my favorite.

working at a cat cafe is perfect, but doesn't really pay the bills i need it too. leaves hangs down from the ceiling, with flowers and plants all over. we have around 10 cats in here, walking around.

the cafe, also called fleurs which means flowers in french, is quite popular in la. and it was very difficult getting this job, but it's been my dream job since i remember.

the customer pulls out a $10 bill, smiling at me. "keep the change sweet girl" it was an old lady, she comes here often, and i know her very well. she is originally from a small town in norway but moved here to be with her wife.

her name is frances, and she comes here every day, at 10am, because that's when her wife would take a nap. frances would always take a cookie or a cup of coffee with her back home.

on sundays frances would bring her wife, because on sundays they napped together. just seeing them makes me believe in true love, although i don't think there's any true love for me out there.

although i read about true love all the time, doesn't mean i believe in it. or i didn't until i met frances about two years ago. she would talk about her wife all the time, and it made my heart feel so warm. i'm a sucker for love.

"enjoy your coffee frances" i smile at her, she gives me the same smile back, mumbling "will do sweetie" before walking to her normal spot. its in the corner, with the window that gives the view too the mall. she says she likes to watch people, but not in a creepy way. she says it reminds her of when she was young.

i shake my head, turning my head to the next customer. it was a boy, he had blond hair, a gray nike sweater on with some blue jeans. his eyes brown, with a smile on his lips.

"hey, can i get a number 17?" so he was the fancy type. number 17, or in easier words, a cookie with a cup of warm chocolate. i only smile at him, typing it in.

"would you like to sit here or take it with you?" i can't help but notice how he checks me out when he thinks i'm not looking. the smile never leaves his lips as he answers me.

"sit here" i give him a nod, "that'll be $4" either he's just a very happy person, or just a smiley person because he doesn't stop smiling once. he pays and waits while i make his order.

just as i'm making it evelyn comes back from her first break. we get about two and you can take them when you need them. her hair is a deep shade of red, making her blue eyes pop.

"how's it going billie?" she smiles at me, looking around the cafe. her outfits always makes me jealous of her, you know. having one friend who always knows how to dress is exhausting.

"its good, although i slept terrible. my new neighbors kept me up all night" evelyn let out a small laugh, watching me when i put the lid on, putting the cookie in a napkin.

i turn around to the guy again, smiling at him while giving me my food. "enjoy" he only hands me a note, before taking the cookie and the hot coco with him.

"why what did they do?" evelyn questions as i turn back to her. where i live the walls are thin, so you can basically hear everything. the real question was what they didn't do.

"they kept fucking, and then they woke up their kid because they was so fucking loud that he cried for the rest of the night" i took my hands on my face, letting out a loud sigh.

"just sleep at my place tonight, you can take the guest room" evelyn shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee that i didn't even know she had.

"can't i have work tonight, and its really fine, if not ill just put a letter by their door or something" i smile at her, watching this girl come in. she looked to be around my age.

her hair was brown, and it was put up in a bun. she had light makeup on her face, with a glossy lip. and she wore loose mom jeans, with a knitted sweater. headphones on her head, with brown converse shoes.

i thought she might walk up and order something. but instead she smiles, and goes to frances, giving her a big hug before sitting down. i raise my eyebrow but i don't think much of it.

"girl what does it say on the letter he gave you" i had totally forgotten about the note. i looked at it and saw a $20 bill, with a phone number on it. i show evelyn who i could feel smirk. when i look up again, the same guy is also smirking.

my smile is gone, but it appears again when i look at the girl frances is with. who could this unknown girl be?