Blackened Heart

Dimentio was on the ground, breathing heavily and on the verge of tears, struggling to keep himself from having a panic attack. Mr.L groaned as he sat upright, clutching at his chest.

"That was unpleasant, heh." Mr.L said through grit teeth.

"L-L, I'm so sorry! Th-this is why you shouldn't be around me; it'll only lead to more pain!" Dimentio cried, desperately holding back tears.

Mr.L grunted as he struggled to stand upright.

"It's hardly anything, I'm fine. I'm not going to leave here without you, Dim." Mr.L stated.

Dimentio shook his head and scooted backward until his back hit the wall and he had nowhere else to go.

"N-no... I-I can't go back, they all hate me, they're against me. With all my mother's rules, I just can't be happy there." Dimentio told him.

Mr.L took a shaky step forward, finally beginning to recover his footing.

"Dimentio, you can change those rules!" Mr.L replied, desperate to win the battle he was clearly losing.

"I-I can't do that to my mother!" Dimentio frantically exclaimed.

"Dimentio, the Pixl Queen isn't even your real mother!" Mr.L stated, "Didn't you ever think it was suspicious that you didn't look like her OR have a dad?"

Dimentio took a shaky breath and then placed his face in his hands, sobbing because he knew that Mr.L was probably right. Mr.L stood looking at Dimentio, feeling sorry for him in every way he could.

"Dim..." Mr.L trailed off.

"Mr.L!" Blumiere exclaimed.

Dimentio looked up and went wide-eyed as Mr.L turned to see Blumiere, Marvin, and Timpani rush through the doors to them.

"Guys? What are you doing?!" Mr.L questioned.

"You were taking too long!" Marvin stated.

"Mr.L, your hair! And..." Blumiere paused and gasped, "You got hit again..."

"What do you mean by 'again'?" Mr.L questioned.

They paused their conversation and turned as they heard something else. Dimentio was looking up from the floor at all of them and whimpering, holding his legs to his chest as he looked like a scared child.

"Oh, Dimmy, it's okay. We can get you out of here." Timpani gently told him.

Dimentio shook his head and sobbed, feeling powerless against his own powers.

"I'm sorry," Dimentio whispered.

Dimentio drew a circle in the air with his finger and then lifted up his hand. Mr.L went wide-eyed as he realized what he was going to do.

"Dim, no, wait!" Mr.L exclaimed.

Dimentio shut his eyes tight and snapped his fingers, instantly teleporting Mr.L, Marvin, Blumiere, and Timpani outside, all of them landing in the dark snow.

"Oof! We're back outside?" Marvin questioned, standing up and brushing snow off.

Mr.L quickly patted himself down and went wide-eyed as he realized something was missing.

"Hold on... I dropped Dimentio's present back there!" Mr.L exclaimed.

All of them got up and collected themselves, beginning to come up with a rebound plan. Timpani looked back towards the castle and froze.

"Um, guys?" Timpani asked.

"We need to get back in there," Blumiere stated, not hearing Timpani.