Adoption - 3 (Mainly Grian x Mumbo)

Tommy hadn't spoken to his parents since that day. Since the day he denounced them as his family.

The quiet was...eerie. Mumbo and Grian were helicopter parents and never failed to message their adopted son, checking in to see if he needed diamonds or a meal or even just a hug. But ever since he told them how he felt, how he felt like the two wanted him to be an exact clone of their talents and skills, they hadn't reached out.

Christmas was spent with his real family. Phil and Techno were busy making hot chocolate for the group, while Wilbur and Nihachu talked by the fire, which left Tubbo and Tommy to open their presents together. But it was rather short lived, as Tubbo left quickly to spend the rest of the day with his adoptive parents. But even then, that holiday was a like a dream he never wanted to wake up from! No more hermitcraft Christmas parties, no more matching sweaters, no more smothering.

But now, it was April. His birthday, actually. And yet there was not a word from Mumbo or Grian. They had gone completely silent, to the point where Tommy thought they may have actually fallen off the face of the earth. It was starting to become worrying. Yes, the blonde male felt trapped around the two of them, like he couldn't do anything for himself, but still. It wasn't like them to suddenly go silent and never reach out. Not even a happy birthday.

Not that Tommy cared. He didn't miss them. Not one bit. He didn't miss their laughter as it echoed through the halls, or the fluffy pancakes doused in syrup that was served each morning for breakfast. And he definitely didn't miss all the family time they spent together. All those board games, movie nights, stupid bonding activities...it..it was dumb! All of it!

Still...It couldn't hurt to ask about his former parents. Out of curiosity, that is. The two hermits centered their entire life around the British teenager, so what were they doing now?

He ended up inviting Iskall, Stress, and Xisuma to his birthday party. For Philza, of course. The old man needed friends who were equally as old. Phil was actually quite close with the three, though it was easy to fall out of touch between hermitcraft and raising children. It was easy to convince them to come, as Tubbo and Ranboo were already invited. And while they were visiting the Dream SMP, Tommy would be able to ask a couple harmless questions.

"Hallo Tommy!" Iskall called with a cheerful demeanor, causing the Blonde to nearly jump out of surprise. Tubbo, Stress, and the Swedish walked over to join the celebration, carrying colorfully wrapped boxes along with them.

"I'll bring these over to the gift table." Phil spoke up, the crow father giving Iskall a beer in exchange for three out of four of the gifts. "Trust me, you'll need a couple of these."

Iskall laughed and followed Phil towards a table covered in gifts of all shapes and sizes, Tommy nearly about to follow them, though he was stopped. Stress placed a hand on the teenager's shoulder, one last gift tucked beneath her arm. "Your dads asked meh to give this to ya," she smiled sweetly. "I dunno why they couldn't bring it to ya themselves."

The box was placed in the palm of Tommy's hands, giving him a moment to stare at it before glancing back at the brunette. "Do you know where they are? I...I haven't heard from them in a couple months."

"Oh?" She seemed surprised at their lack of contact. "I thought ya knew. Grian and Mumbo left a long time ago. Goin' on a trip I 'fink, heading back to visit old friends an' old servers. I thought they'd take a break to come see you, but I guess not. Sorry, love."

"Are you two talking about Mumbo and Grian?" Xisuma spoke up, joined by Ranboo at his side. He must have overheard a part of their conversation as he joined the server.

"I'm looking for them." Tommy said that, giving nothing more for context. "Do you know where they are right now?"

The admin looked from Ranboo, to Stress, before settling on the blonde. "Let's go somewhere a bit more private for this discussion, okay?" He asked, waiting until Tommy gave a serious nod. Stress, Ranboo, and Tubbo all shared some hints of concern in their expression, though the three reluctantly walked out of earshot.