Is our love even real? (Ren x Doc)

Set near the end of season seven.
-

Xisuma tapped his foot against the soft grass beneath him, the admin's frown continuing to deepen as time slowly passed. The large group of hermits stood in front of the town hall, waiting for the last two hermits to arrive. The problem was, Mumbo and Grian were no where in sight.

"Any idea where they could be?" The Brit asked the other hermits, though most seemed to have no knowledge about their location.

"Mumbo said he and Grian were going to say goodbye to Grumbot," Iskall spoke up from the crowd, "but it shouldn't take them over an hour."

"Something doesn't seem right," Xisuma muttered quietly, turning towards the direction where Grumbot's alternate reality was located. "Alright, I'll let everyone into season eight. You've waited long enough. I'll stay behind and check out what's going on with Grian and Mumbo."

Doc stepped forward, crossing his arms with a huff. "If you're staying behind, I'll stay with you. Who knows if you'll need backup."

The admin nodded, "That sounds like a good idea," he said, typing in a few commands into his communicator. Xisuma took a step back, a portal opening in the center of the group of hermits.

"Are you sure about this, 'Suma?" Joe asked. "We can wait a bit longer if needed."

"It's quite alright, really. Everyone has waited long enough. Just go right ahead, I'll join you shortly." The admin promised with a warm smile behind his helmet, the southerner nodding as he stepped into the portal.

Once all the hermits had stepped through the portal, Doc and Xisuma opened their elytras and flew off to Grumbot's alternate reality. The admin swung his pickaxe to break through the walls, the two hermits greeted by the eerie glow of the robot's eyes.

Doc's attention was instantly drawn to the two unconscious figures laying in the grass, both Grian and Mumbo sleeping peacefully. Xisuma was instantly relieved to see that the two were alright, though the cyborg was skeptical. Something about the two seemed off.

"Hold on," The creeper muttered, Doc stepping forward to inspect the two unconscious hermits. The first thing that he noticed was some sort of wire attached to the tops of their head, which connected to Grumbot's main body.

"Something isn't right. They have some sort of wire attached to their heads." Doc said to the admin, who stepped forward to study the strange cords. Xisuma ran his hand through Grian's hair, finding that the main wire branched off into multiple smaller cables, which all seemed to be attached at the scalp.

"Here, maybe Grumbot knows what happened to them." Xisuma said, setting down his enderchest to pull out a piece of paper. The admin quickly scribbled down his question before inserting the paper and hitting all four buttons in the correct order.

A new paper shot out, the Brit catching the slip before it touched the ground. Xisuma frowned at the answer, handing the paper to Doc.

"I asked him what happened to Mumbo and Grian.." he said quietly, the creeper could tell that the admin's face was turning pale with worry. Doc glanced down at the paper in his hands.

'Dad #1 and Dad #2 were leaving. Grumbot wanted Dads to stay.'

"I think we found who did this to Grian and Mumbo." The hybrid said to Xisuma, who nodded in agreement.

"Come on, let's just unplug them from whatever Grumbot is doing to them.." The admin said, reaching his hand out to yank the cord off Mumbo's head. Doc snatched Xisuma's wrist, pulling it away from the wires attached to the unconscious hermits.